Another Code vs. Trace Memory

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by D34DL1N3R, Mar 16, 2011.

Mar 16, 2011

Another Code vs. Trace Memory by D34DL1N3R at 4:07 AM (1,265 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. D34DL1N3R
    OP

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Does anyone know what the differences are between Another Code: Two Memories and Trace Memory? From the following quote it sounds like there is the original Japanese language version, the EU translation and also a separate NA translation. I'm pretty certain that the only differences are in the text, but does anyone know if Another Code: Two Memories is closer to the Japanese text than Trace Memory? Or if they are exactly the same?

"Ann Lin of Nintendo of America's Product Development Department stated that there are several differences between Another Code's original Japanese text and the North American translation. She commented, "I think that a believable character, a believable person would have certain feelings of betrayal, not just acceptance. I wanted to explore that just a little. I think the [Japanese text] was a little more accepting, not really questioning the weirdness of meeting a ghost or any of the [strange] circumstances that had befallen her."

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Wikipedia:
    They are about the same...it's not like they changed the story...

3. D34DL1N3R
    OP

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I checked out about 15 minutes of game play and they are worded quite differently, giving them both a completely different feeling.

4. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Geez, Now you guys are making me want to go download and play "Another Code". I already beaten "Trace Memory" twice and I was working on "Another Code R" for a while.