Another bricked psp

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by kjaved373, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009

Another bricked psp by kjaved373 at 6:17 PM (1,101 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. kjaved373
    OP

Newcomer kjaved373 Advanced Member

United States
    i just bricked my psp slim. i know there are many guides out there but i don't know which one to use. i turn on the system, screen stays black, and the green light turns on. can't go to recovery mode. after a while it turns off itself. i have a pandora battery but don't know what to do with it.

please help!

thanks

2. kai445

Member kai445 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Use a pandora battery, and a genuine Sony MS if possible.

edit: Oops, guide was for if you had a 2nd hacked PSP available. I wrote it for someone else and thought I could copy/paste. Oh well.

Code:
    Step 1: Format your Memory Stick with MSPformat, and load TimeMachine IPL on it with "Rain's IPL & Memory Stick Tool 2.0". Be sure to also select "Create Folders". [url="http://www.pspcrazy.com/forums/psp-general-chat/103208-release-rains-ipl-memory-stick-tool-2-0-ipl-injector-ipl-dumper-diagnostic.html"]Find it here.[/url]
    Step 2: Copy Despertar del Cementario v8 onto memory stick under ms0://PSP/GAME. [url="http://dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5707"]Find it here.[/url]
    Step 3: Put memory stick in your PSP, and run DDCv8, to install it to the memory card.
    Step 4: Put your now perfectly made Magic Memory Stick in your bricked PSP.
    Step 5: Put your Pandora battery into the PSP, be sure to hold down the L button.
    Step 6: DDCv8 should boot, reinstall CFW 5.00 M33-4. Reboot.

3. kjaved373
    OP

United States
    yeah
    thanks for speedy reply though!

4. kjaved373
    OP

United States
    is there any way to do it w/o 2 psp's?

5. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    It is better if you go to google and type psp hacks.. you will have that link.. They will save your life. My first time with PSP through psp hacks link and I never have a bricked. Dont trust many guides.. Psp hacks link is your best bet. [​IMG] Google it by typing PSP HACKS and you will see. [​IMG]

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No it's not....there's absolutely no need to direct people off GBAtemp. TC just use Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4 v1.2 to make the MMS and used in conjunction with a Pandora battery it will unbrick your PSP so long as you didn't brick an unhackable motherboarded PSP.

7. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    1) HOW did you brick it ?

2) Are you trying to start the PSP up with the pandora battery in?

3) re point 2 have you tried powering the psp up just using the AC adapter and no battery and hold R button down when you turn the PSP on to see if it will go into recovery mode

4) have you tried the above steps minus the mem card to eliminate the card being corrupt

8. kjaved373
    OP

United States
    thank you so much for the help! [​IMG]