Anonymous vs. Sony starts

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scientology was ruined by Anonymous. The cult may still be around but they're a massive, dying cult and everyone knows it. Their public image is utterly ruined. And their places of business are completely empty.

All Anonymous had to do was to poison the potential consumer base for scientology. (Its a business after all.) They've done that. And now there isn't anyone in the world stupid enough to join $cientolgy. And the public attention the cause has received has actually led to criminal cases against the cult in several different countries.

As for this Anonymous vs Sony stuff. Didn't this start weeks ago?

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/ano...-viewers.77534/

I'm sure its going to get very, very ugly....

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, really, I can see one thing happening.

If all they're going to do is just slow down their web pages and the PSN and all that, while it may sound meager, it actually is a bit of a good idea.

Think about it, all they're doing is slowing the service down for other gamers. Sounds stupid. But if they piss off enough people with it, those people will get pissed off at Sony for pissing Anonymous off.

In a way, I can see how it would work, but it just depends on how long it will take, and if people will get pissed off enough.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the anti-scientology campaign for almost a decade before Anonymous hit the scene. Mainly because I live in an area dominated by scientology, and because someone I love lost their daughter to the cult.

edit: removed the flames. Sorry its a knee jerk response to certain rude individuals. Thanks to the mods for doing their job well.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SPH73 said:
twiztidsinz said:
1). There have been cases against Scientology before Anonymous even thought to "go after" them.
2). Their 'potential consumer base' is more the Hollywood scene, that's where they make their money.
3). OMG U R 2 KEWL UZIN "$" 4 TEH "S" IN "SCIENTOLOGY"!

Nothing you say matters. Your opinions are meaningless and uninformed.

I've been following the anti-scientology campaign for almost a decade before Anonymous hit the scene. Mainly because I live in an area dominated by scientology, and because someone I love lost their daughter to the cult. You really need to STFU.

You're just an ass pained fanboy posting on a piracy site in support of a company that's going after pirates. Again, really, you need to STFU.

Stopped reading. I'm just going to report this post and all the other ones so it doesn't get out of hand. Might as well use the cup of water I have until I need a hose.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Scientology was ruined by Anonymous. The cult may still be around but they're a massive, dying cult and everyone knows it. Their public image is utterly ruined. And their places of business are completely empty.

I don't know about you, but scientology was kinda ruined when I heard about an intergalactic empire and something about our souls and a volcano or something.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, that was pretty fast. But SPH and Twiztid, don't start shit seriously. Let's just keep the discussion about Anonymous and Sony, not Anonymous and Scientology or saying peoples posts don't matter.

So has anybody experienced any slow downs on the PSN or anything? Or is everything running fine?

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the Anti-Scientology campaign for almost a decade before Anonymous hit the scene. No one has hurt the cult more than Anonymous. The Hollywood crowd thinks scientology a joke and a scam. Its seen as "career poison."

Scientology celebrities are all has-beens and losers. And now thanks to South Park, Anonymous and the Internet in general the scam is totally ruined. All people have to do is wait for the cult's money to dry up. Because they sure aren't getting any new customers.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
I've been following the Anti-Scientology campaign for almost a decade before Anonymous hit the scene. No one has hurt the cult more than Anonymous. The Hollywood crowd thinks scientology a joke and a scam. Its seen as "career poison."

Scientology celebrities are all has-beens and losers. And now thanks to South Park, Anonymous and the Internet in general the scam is totally ruined. All people have to do is wait for the cult's money to dry up. Because they sure aren't getting any new customers.
Dude, just stop. This isn't about Scientology.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Okay seriously, just stop with the Scientology crap. It has nothing to do with this thread.

STAY ON TOPIC

Well actually it does. In a court of law it would be called "citing precedent."

Basically if Anonymous can hurt scientology they may be able to hurt Sony as well.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SPH73 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Okay seriously, just stop with the Scientology crap. It has nothing to do with this thread.

STAY ON TOPIC

Basically if Anonymous can hurt scientology they may be able to hurt Sony as well.
Yeah, okay, but seriously... Enough talking of Scientology in this thread.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:

The difference is that Sony's "followers" aren't crazy people who believe in galactic federations and stuff like that. They're just people who want to play video games. I don't know about you, but this whole Sony "debacle" won't stop me from buying my NGP in the future or a PS3 or anything related to them.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
SPH73 said:

The difference is that Sony's "followers" aren't crazy people who believe in galactic federations and stuff like that. They're just people who want to play video games. I don't know about you, but this whole Sony "debacle" won't stop me from buying my NGP in the future or a PS3 or anything related to them.
Pretty much this. I get some few laughs on this situation though. And go back to play my PSP/NGP/PS3/whatever.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
SPH73 said:

I don't know about you, but scientology was kinda ruined when I heard about an intergalactic empire and something about our souls and a volcano or something.
No, it is still alive.

I love Anonymous. They're like the ACLU of the Internet.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only read up to page 2, but Anon has done a lot of shit in the past. It goes beyond DDoS... they'll leak confidential documents, personal affairs, ANYTHING they can get their grubby hands on, to ruin the image of Sony.

This thing is going to do some damage, if it entices enough anonymoose to follow suit.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Wow, this isn't going to go anywhere, other than a crowd of 4chan members wearing V masks in front of Sony's buildings
rolleyes.gif
That would actually be kinda fun to see; their offices just surrounded by a load of people like that.
laugh.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is just silly.

I'd go on about it, but I'd be at it forever.
So I'll leave it as just silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat