Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Since your specs are similar to my mines. Have you tried changing power settings to high performance? Try lower full screen resolutions and anti-aliasing on your games.

Yupp, tried that.

I just rewatched the video, and I noticed both your CPU and your GPU usage is a bit "low" (maybe not for Minecraft, but still...).

Go into your BIOS, see if there are any power save options enabled. These could restrict CPU/GPU performance and give you that stuttering.

EDIT: oh, and run a SMART check on your HDD if you think its bad.

It always does a auto SMART check on every start-up and I took one in the HDTune program. The only thing it complaining about were some relocated sectors or something :S Was 10 of them.

And it happends to EVERY game. Even on Terraria when I die it drops the FPS. I made a post on reddit and one guy made me do a latency check when I was still on W7. Heres the result:

o4moQ5n.png

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had similar issues of frames dropping randomly and found that my HDD was the bottleneck. I upgraded to a SSD and haven't had the same type of frame drops since. A good disk testing program is Crystal Disk Mark. On my laptop's old 5400RPM drive the random access times were under 1MB/S and this caused Oblivion among other games to have those random frame drops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.