Announcing: Project Scarlet Open Beta

Cybermage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just os that you know i cant start it up after trying to download/install lemmings it keep crashing when i try to reopen it the error says

AppName: scarlet.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: scarlet.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00025b5d

under details when it crashes
i hope this helps looks great

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stormwave said:
Just out of curiosity, are the homebrews used in your program repackaged? Or does your program support RAR, zip and 7z straight from FileTrip? Does it have a seperate database, or does it only list the FileTrip downloads in a considerably easier manner?
It supports everything straight from FileTrip.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think it should have an option to download it into which folder. I put my homebrew in /Homebrew, but it only allows install in root.
Anyways, To fix random freezing, Disable visual themes and run as admin. That should do it

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all bug reports.

Scott-105 said:
So I downloaded this, and it's extremely useful! So, I'm pretty sure it is, but was this Urza's announcement?

No, that must have been something completely different.

Spoiler: This was the announcement.

QUOTE(ron975 @ Aug 23 2010, 11:07 PM) I think it should have an option to download it into which folder. I put my homebrew in /Homebrew, but it only allows install in root.
Anyways, To fix random freezing, Disable visual themes and run as admin. That should do it

Perhaps in the future you will be able to set the download and/or installation path, but I'm not really sure what you mean by saying "it only allows install in root" as Scarlet currently installs everything to a subfolder named Homebrew on devices.

Also thanks for posting a fix regarding freezes that works for you, although it would be nice to know which OS you tried this on.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mazor said:
Thanks for all bug reports.

Scott-105 said:
So I downloaded this, and it's extremely useful! So, I'm pretty sure it is, but was this Urza's announcement?

No, that must have been something completely different.

Spoiler: This was the announcement.

QUOTE(ron975 @ Aug 23 2010, 11:07 PM) I think it should have an option to download it into which folder. I put my homebrew in /Homebrew, but it only allows install in root.

Perhaps in the future you will be able to set the download and/or installation path, but I'm not really sure what you mean by saying "it only allows install in root" as Scarlet currently installs everything to a subfolder named Homebrew on devices.

Also thanks for posting a fix regarding freezes that works for you, although it would be nice to know which OS you tried this on.

Windows Vista Home Premuim SP2 as a matter of fact

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Having very weird bugs with this program
tongue.gif

First off, I can't actually install anything. I can download a homebrew, and then press install. But it doesn't seem to put anything on my cart. It only generates a Homebrew and a Scarlet folder when I start the program.

I tried multiple programs/games. I can also install it infinitly after selecting it.

I'm using a Acekard 2.1i with MAIO, And my pc's OS is Windows 7 x64. (It might be having problems because my os is 64bits)

I'd be happy to test this application more for you
smile.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Windows 7 x64, I click on the .exe, the main window comes up and appears to be loading but freezes and then Windows reports "The program has stopped working" and then kills it. So you can't do anything because it dies immediately (although I can see the main window before it crashes). I tried compatibility mode set to XP and running as Admin, same result. Unfortunately, there's no report or any more verbose error message so I can't offer any more information.

Also, fyi you need to include a copy of the LGPL v2.1 since you're using 7-zip.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested and used this program on my M3 Simply(Wood R4). I was able to download homebrew, use the script button and play it on my cart. The program did crash at first when I ran it and it would even crash when I'd click on random homebrew areas and programs.

I fixed this however be updating all of the .dll's(except mylibsql) to their latest versions. Even though some would argue that this would help at all, all of my crashes stopped after upupdating.

Newest Zlib1.dll version: 1.2.5
Newest 7z.dll, 7-zip.dll and 7z.exe: 9.15
try it out, replace all of the .dlls and see if this fixes anything for the people who are having issues

I have a suggestion though, could it possible to cache the list or something? at start up the program obtains the list every time but technically wouldn't it start up faster if it loaded the list and then checked for updates silently?

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vanth88 said:
I've tested and used this program on my M3 Simply(Wood R4). I was able to download homebrew, use the script button and play it on my cart. The program did crash at first when I ran it and it would even crash when I'd click on random homebrew areas and programs.

I fixed this however be updating all of the .dll's(except mylibsql) to their latest versions. Even though some would argue that this would help at all, all of my crashes stopped after upupdating.

Newest Zlib1.dll version: 1.2.5
Newest 7z.dll, 7-zip.dll and 7z.exe: 9.15
try it out, replace all of the .dlls and see if this fixes anything for the people who are having issues

Thanks for posting this fix. We'll test the program a bit on Windows 7 and Vista and we'll include the newer dll files in the next version if it indeed helps.

QUOTE(Vanth88 @ Aug 25 2010, 08:06 AM) I have a suggestion though, could it possible to cache the list or something? at start up the program obtains the list every time but technically wouldn't it start up faster if it loaded the list and then checked for updates silently?

Actually the list is currently downloaded locally and you can disable updating it on startup in options (uncheck "Update homebrew list").

You can also disable checking for updates for Scarlet (uncheck "Update Scarlet") and updates for firmware ("Update firmware list") there, although the time it takes to check for these updates is minimal by comparison to the time it takes to download the homebrew list.

We'll try to document these features in a good way in the future so that users can be aware that they exist without poking around.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh thanks so much for that, it's much better now. I'd also like to add to my previous post that I was running Windows XP Pro 32 bit in case that matters.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squirrelman10 said:
so is there any new updates to this program?

We've been focusing on another project since Scarlet was released which is why there hasn't been any updates yet.

It's hard to estimate when we'll release an update, but we'll announce it when we do and unless you have manually disabled checking for updates Scarlet will automatically download and install the update for you.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for necropost but i'm looking for the Project Scarlet program and it's missing from filetrip.
Can anyone reupload it?

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced