Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys has anyone else noticed Pokemon X does not load I have tried from various sources but the same error, it keeps saying fragmentation error when loading of multirom menu. Has anyone else noticed this?. Pokemon Y loads fine and so does Animal Crossing I have Mailed gateway about this issue. I am using exfat untrimmed straight to Micro SD card. I will try to trim it using the app see what happens.

Strange it works trimmed but not untrimmed but its only a 2GB file so it should work on an exfat MSD straight to drag and drop way??? Something wrong there.

False alarm it works fine it was my card reader its packed up on me using it so much within a 24hr period! Also it was down to dodgy uploads. There is a better version out there look for Pokemon X Unrar ;)

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You do realise that nand saving games are different in that the some of the save is added to cart itself in original 3ds cart so this is just faking the save location in rom.

Yep, but I think it's important to underline that for everyone

Just to prevent people getting mad because they catch 257 pokemon :yay: and they have to catch'em all again.

Maybe it will be intersting to make a NAND Games list too, for warning issues

kieran-123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-patcher.webs.com
XP
Country
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 1.JPG

Can anyone help me? I'm having some trouble updating my gateway 3ds card.
I manage to get to the gateway menu but I cant seem to get into gateway mode as it gives me the error message (above) while trying to update.
I do believe my gateway is an official card and I haven't had any problems before.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Reactions: echdareez

echdareez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alas Kieran, I wanted to confirm that I have the same problem unfortunately (see a few posts above) - hope there's a solution!

View attachment 7160 View attachment 7159
I manage to get to the gateway menu but I cant seem to get into gateway mode as it gives me the error message (above) while trying to update.
I do believe my gateway is an official card and I haven't had any problems before.
Thanks.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 7160 View attachment 7159
Thanks.

Try pulling your Micro SD card out when updating. Other than that could be a good fake but it looks genuine. You are on 2.0b2 CFW updating to Omega not on 1.02 blu? Try running Gateway omega files blu card file then run the omega launcher also you might have the wrong region in your 3DS settings?

JinbuKami

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try pulling your Micro SD card out when updating. Other than that could be a good fake but it looks genuine. You are on 2.0b2 CFW updating to Omega not on 1.02 blu? Try running Gateway omega files blu card file then run the omega launcher also you might have the wrong region in your 3DS settings?

It makes no difference if your micro sd card is in or not, double checked my region location. All good, no update

kieran-123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-patcher.webs.com
XP
Country
Alas Kieran, I wanted to confirm that I have the same problem unfortunately (see a few posts above) - hope there's a solution!

Thank you, we will just have to wait for the public release and see what gateway recommends. Hopefully we wont have to buy new cards..

The same happens when the micro SD card is removed. This is why I thought you needed an SD card inserted to update to start with. I purchased this from the recommended sellers list on the gateway site, just before christmas. So i do believe its official. I've been using flashcards for a while, had many fakes in teh past so i know what to look for.
I was using the 2.0b2 firmware but I have now updated the blue gateway card and ran the GW launcher again. Still no sucsess. I will try a few more things, if I find a fix i'll update this post.
Thank you anyway

cowboy619

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys has anyone else noticed Pokemon X does not load I have tried from various sources but the same error, it keeps saying fragmentation error when loading of multirom menu. Has anyone else noticed this?. Pokemon Y loads fine and so does Animal Crossing I have Mailed gateway about this issue. I am using exfat untrimmed straight to Micro SD card. I will try to trim it using the app see what happens.

Strange it works trimmed but not untrimmed but its only a 2GB file so it should work on an exfat MSD straight to drag and drop way??? Something wrong there.

Mine works fine. Make sure you have a better ripped version. I also had the fragmentation error. Pokemon X and Y are working fine

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine works fine. Make sure you have a better ripped version. I also had the fragmentation error. Pokemon X and Y are working fine
What do you mean by a better ripped version? Both X and Y are from the same release group for me, but only Y is working.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by a better ripped version? Both X and Y are from the same release group for me, but only Y is working.

Your Microsd card is probably already past its limit.
Try removing all other games on the Microsd card and placing only Pokemon X on it and see if it runs.

Like GW said, some microsd cards fake the amount of space they have left so even though the full game is on it, it might not have all the data correctly stored.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you backup your game cartridge via multiple-part RARs or torrent? My torrent backups worked just fine (CONTRAST), though I did rip my cartridges using OMEGA backup and they both run flawlessly as well on 32GB FAT32.

Sparticus515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Pokemon X works fine for me

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Yep, but I think it's important to underline that for everyone

Just to prevent people getting mad because they catch 257 pokemon :yay: and they have to catch'em all again.

Maybe it will be intersting to make a NAND Games list too, for warning issues
A wrote a script a while ago to backup/restore pokemon Y/X save files. Just put it on the microsd and run it (make sure the game file is named correctly)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/announcing-gateway-2-0-“omega”-private-beta.363892/page-29#post-4953653

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else having issues closing games?
and sometimes while going into gateway mode it hangs and i have to force restart.

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your Microsd card is probably already past its limit.
Try removing all other games on the Microsd card and placing only Pokemon X on it and see if it runs.

Like GW said, some microsd cards fake the amount of space they have left so even though the full game is on it, it might not have all the data correctly stored.
I quoted GateWay earlier in the thread saying that. Am going to try putting Pokemon X on a separate card, formatted first FAT32, then exFAT.

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just experienced a problem with Omega... corrupted save game. Heres what happened:

1. Play Luigis Mansion 2 (Euro) on my Euro 3DS (latest emunand 7.1.0-16E).. after first level the game is automatically saved (i.e. you don't need to choose a "save now" option).
2. Now press HOME -> Close -> (takes 30 secs to close/save)
3. Press SELECT.. switch to Yoshi's New Island and boot it.. once it reaches the title screen press HOME.. close.. press SELECT, choose Luigis Mansion 2 again and start it...
5. "Save game is corrupted" error. :(

(I have reported this problem directly to Gateway)

So... backup your .sav files regularly! Just a reminder.

UPDATE: Low space on my 3DS's SD card may be the problem.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
It is strange that it updates the .3ds file itself... I kept backups of my .sav's from 2.0b2 just incase it was going to be an option.

Oh well, at least we have working saves now :) Thanks for the heads up about keeping copies of savegames in the .3ds

Sparticus515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just experienced a problem with Omega... corrupted save game. Heres what happened:

1. Play Luigis Mansion 2 (Euro) on my Euro 3DS (latest emunand 7.1.0-16E).. after first level the game is automatically saved (i.e. you don't need to choose a "save now" option).
2. Now press HOME -> Close -> (takes 30 secs to close/save)
3. Press SELECT.. switch to Yoshi's New Island and boot it.. once it reaches the title screen press HOME.. close.. press SELECT, choose Luigis Mansion 2 again and start it...
5. "Save game is corrupted" error. :(

(I have reported this problem directly to Gateway)

So... backup your .sav files regularly! Just a reminder.

Just tried this and my save is fine, maybe just a random bug that's happened to you. Does it always take you 30 seconds to close a game because for me it's closer to about 5?

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Since OMEGA, games often take 30 secs instead of 5 secs to close/save. It varies. Might be due to extremely low space on my SD card I just figured out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa