anime recommendations

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have been watching bleach and (I'm at ep 37) and claymore with my g/f but she left today for 10 days. I don't wanna continue them and then watch it all over again in such a short period of time so I take recommendations for a new series.

I finished death note, trinity blood, blood+ and basillisk recently and although i like nosense/funny anime too, at this moment i would like something similar to the ones i mentioned

what would you suggest?

those are mine for you. I won't go into movies that's only for series. Eh, i know quite a few of them are old while I asked for new but hey
smile.gif
they are must see i think
cool.gif
so anyone that hasn't watched them yet you should try them out.

death note - [37 eps] excellent, very good animation, good animatography (oposse to cinematography) and smart plot. Season 2 has one of the best intros i have ever seen on an anime. Highly recommended but be forewarned that the constant "i'm the smatest" / "danm not *I* am" might tire you eventyally

claymore - [24 eps] brilliant. lot's of battles, lots of blood. for fantasy fans it's a must. It has not finishied yet however currently it is at ep 16 (i think)

ninja scroll - the movie is very good. The series follows the same steps. Slightly inferior drawing but is a bit more intence. Each ep is an awsome battle like only japanese know how to make and each with a totally different amazing opponent. If you need a quick fix this is the right one.

basilisk - [24 eps] It's not really special but if you enjoyed ninja scroll and need something similal it's good enough.

X - [24 eps] You are definately gonna get hooked to this one. It's about... bah just watch it it wont let you down in any way
nyanya.gif

Blood+ [50 eps] the movie was short and dull but the series is surprisingly good.

evangelion - [26 eps] i don't think i need to say anything about it. Lets just say it set a standard for what is mecha today and how to do proper battles with them. A must for any anie fan (although i cant imagine a fan that hasn't seen that yet)

bleach - [170? eps] I though this was a kid's hype like pokemon, bayblade, yu-gi-oh etc. and expected it to be shit to be sincere but I was greately mistaken. It's fun, it's fast, it's great!!!

One piece - [countless eps] hahahaha it's hilarious and has one of the best drawing styles i have ever seen on an anime. It's long however, toooooooooooooooo long and you may find some of the eps a bit boring

and lastly my fav.....
serial experiments lain - [13 eps] Really, i have no words to describe it it's just unapprehensibly beautifill. Great plot, great drawing, good animation (dont' forget it's anime), great intro music.... Plus the matrix is a rip off of that (as a few "great"
dry.gif
disney productions). The story of the first matrix is like a reversed serial experiments lain. You just HAVE TO WATCH IT, even if you are not into anime it's a must

EDIT: moved the list to the top

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the only anime I watched was Elfen Lied.

Pretty good, was only 13 episodes as I recall, quite a lot of gore and nudity, nothing too excessive though.
I'd recommend it.

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
can't find any info on hunter reborn is that mistyped witch hunter robin?

evangelion is awesome especially when they managed to get the funds to actually finish it because the original end didn't make any sense.

big o looks interesting but from what i saw in wiki i don't really like the character style. i might give it a try in the future however

flamingo_cancel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can't find any info on hunter reborn is that mistyped witch hunter robin?

evangelion is awesome especially when they managed to get the funds to actually finish it because the original end didn't make any sense.

big o looks interesting but from what i saw in wiki i don't really like the character style. i might give it a try in the future however

maybe he meant hitman reborn. try watching these recent anime titles

- kenichi
- claymore
- devil may cry
- wangan midnight

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Try Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armor (2005 version). It's one of the shorter 26 ep series' and is my favorite series. Another is the Fatal Fury (based on the video game) series which there are 2 OVA eps and a movie. It's from the 90's and a bit dated but it's still great today. Anything else I was gonna list has pretty much been said by everyone or you've already finished them. There's probably a couple of animes I have forgotten and will re-list later on.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fullmetal Alchemist, Outlaw Star (my fav anime EVER), and The FMA movie. that's
about all I can think of right now.

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's some good short ones you can probably find on torrents:

Daft Punk-Interstella 5555, Dead_Leaves, Genshiken, Mahou Shoujotai, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, The Venture Brothers (not anime, but very good), Tokyo Godfathers, and Welcome_to_the_NHK!

Just look them up in wiki to see if they're the type you might wanta watch, cause I'm too lazy to give descriptions. But they are all currently available in torrents.
wink.gif

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I strongly second Dennou Coil. The only other things I look forward to in regards to fansubs lately has been Darker than Black. Of course there's a laundry list of titles I can name off, but you said recent so I'll keep it short.
I think that "Hunter Reborn" may be "Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn."

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll third Dennou Coil, only thing is, it isn't finished yet. (They've only released up to ep. 6 as far as this typing.) So I only recommended series and movies that were already complete.

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
devil may cry looks quite interesting but i can find it up to ep 5 i suppose it's not finished yet..

interstela5555 is one of my fav movies ^_~

Skyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh guys!?

wth is this, nobody recommended the two best anime series there have ever been!

- Initial D > [youtube clip 1] [youtube clip 2]
- Hajime No Ippo [youtube clip 1] [youtube clip 2]

If you haven't seen these, you know nothing about anime. Mff!
Of course heartly recommend all Ghibli movies, like Tonari No Totoro and Howl's moving castle. But you can find all of the names you want by googling with Ghibli studio and more info on Ghibli movies.

#Edit 1: Added some youtube clips to tell you more than I could with few words.
wink.gif
Enjoy and WATCH THEM!

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hajime No Ippo is really good, but it last FOREVER!!!! (well the manga is like 70 volumes). Nice Hadogay avatar BTW

Well yeah it Hitman Reborn is hillarus, but the manga is even funnier+blood when they get shot(you will understand) , I second Samourai Champloo and Death Note. FMA always awsome.

Skyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hajime No Ippo is really good, but it last FOREVER!!!! (well the manga is like 70 volumes). Nice Hadogay avatar BTW

I consider anime series to be long if it goes over one hundred episodes. Ippo was.. hmm.. Under 80 but over 70, I think it was 76 episodes. That's a short series. And barely has a boring episode in it. I can name only one boring episode. And I'd go as far as saying it's the BEST series there is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp