Gaming Animal Crossing NL: HHA Theme Challenge question

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who've taken on the HHA Theme Challenge after paying your house off -- are the golden house exterior parts from Lyle belonging to a particular theme, or generic? I had over 700,000 pts, and my house currently has a golden roof, golden exterior walls, and a golden door. But once I got these 'rewards', my score plummeted back to 525,000 or so. I have been doing the rustic theme, so my house is full of plants and cabin stuff. Although I have changed a few things inside since hitting 700,000, the changes should have boosted my score. The only thing I can think of that could've dropped my score so hard is that the golden roof, exterior wall, and door are counting as a different theme and actually hurting me.

So I looked into it, and I read in this chart:

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/furniture-by-theme/

and here:

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/House_Customization

... that the golden house parts belong to the Antique and/or ToyShop themes.

Is that correct? Am I going to need to switch to Antique or ToyShop in order to bring my score back up and past where it was, so I can get the golden fence and mailbox? I'd appreciate some human confirmation of that before basically tearing my house apart (again).
Thanks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lyle himself should have right out told you that the Golden house parts are suitable for the Toy Shop or Antique themes, maybe you didn't notice when you ordered the parts.

Anyhow since you're taking on the rustic theme, just pick out a part to remedy the points lost.
Also this is really important actually, when designing a room it needs to be 100% that theme. If even one item in the room doesn't go in the theme this is actually a pretty hefty penalty.
Not every room needs to fellow the theme though! The rooms don't follow the theme do not influence the rooms that do follow the theme, and as usual the basement is exempt from evaluation. You can dedicate two or three rooms to the rustic theme, just order a bunch of items that follow the theme, furniture, clothing, accessories etc, and chuck em in there without much concern for interior design.
You should be able to jump past 110,000 points pretty quickly. Once you've cleared the theme challenge feel free to return to the normal interior scoring process, and you can order the golden house parts at your leisure, they're unlocked now.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but considering the effort I've got to put into changing to a different theme now, I appreciate hearing from anyone else who's been there, done that.

I haven't actually went out to get the gold theme, but from previous research you are correct, so I'm glad I could help even with the little info that I have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.