ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

DylanV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I have a regular 3ds that a currently at version 7.2.0-17U. Is there any possible way to update it to a supported version?

Are there any games that require a mandatory update that would be compatible with this hack? Thanks!

Last edited by DylanV,

Kawaii Potatos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to install a .cia of the updated web browser on 9.5.0-12u, or is it not possible since I can't use gateway?
I believe Gateway updated so now it works up to 9.8, so if you happen to have a gateway theres a way to update it.

-=-Edit-=-
Hello, so I have a regular 3ds that a currently at version 7.2.0-17U. Is there any possible way to update it to a supported version?

Are there any games that require a mandatory update that would be compatible with this hack? Thanks!
If you have a Super Smash Bros 4, That updates you to 9.2.0, which is the correct version.

DylanV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! However I just ran Super Smash Bros which did come with a mandatory update, but it only updated it to 8.1. Any idea why this would happen?

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This took forever for something so simple. Spent like 3 hours on this.
At least I like Oreos.

FENRUaF.jpg

If you're unwilling to explain how to do it because of the aforementioned people with ewwy intentions, would you mind doing it for me~? I'll be happy to crop/resize the image myself - I just don't know how to make it my TPC~ Q///w///Q
This is the picture I'd like my TPC to be:
latest

If not, I understand; it's a lot to ask of someone, especially when that someone just spent 3 hours on it themselves~ I've spent a while trying to figure it out myself even though people have said it's a surprisingly simple thing to do, but, well... I'm a dummy~ T///w///T

NewLeafFan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to dump my file for several days now. The dump is never successful. I never see any colored screen nor does the acnlram.bin file appear on the card.
I have my 3DS up on version 9.5.0-11U. I have verified that my browser is the correct version (1.7552).

I have followed several tutorials, deleted my cookies and history many times, have tried different sd cards, and downloaded the ram tools just in case.

My process, just in case I am missing something:
-Put the four ramtool files in the root card of the sd.
-Put the sd into the 3DS.
-Launch animal crossing and login as the mayor character (my only character).
-Walk a few paces.
-Press the home button.
-Open the browser and clear history and cookies.
-Either type in the url or scan the captcha (I have tried either method)
After this, it gives the crash message but their is no colored screen and no file appears.

I have spent lots of hours on this now and am so disappointed that I cannot get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My game has been not worth playing since I removed a bridge only to discover that I could not put it back. My layout is terrible without it.

MrDavidPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to dump my file for several days now. The dump is never successful. I never see any colored screen nor does the acnlram.bin file appear on the card.
I have my 3DS up on version 9.5.0-11U. I have verified that my browser is the correct version (1.7552).

I have followed several tutorials, deleted my cookies and history many times, have tried different sd cards, and downloaded the ram tools just in case.

My process, just in case I am missing something:
-Put the four ramtool files in the root card of the sd.
-Put the sd into the 3DS.
-Launch animal crossing and login as the mayor character (my only character).
-Walk a few paces.
-Press the home button.
-Open the browser and clear history and cookies.
-Either type in the url or scan the captcha (I have tried either method)
After this, it gives the crash message but their is no colored screen and no file appears.

I have spent lots of hours on this now and am so disappointed that I cannot get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My game has been not worth playing since I removed a bridge only to discover that I could not put it back. My layout is terrible without it.

In the internet browser settings you can also try Initialize Save Data option then try again

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you've got browser version 1.7552 it won't work.
You need 1.7567.

Kiti_In_Wonderland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding changing your town's name, it's my first time playing around with hex editing so was wondering if anyone would be able to help, my current town name is Melody ♪ (there is a space between the name and symbol), and I would like to change my town name to ☆Prisma☆, does anyone know how I would go about this? I've found sites that could put it into the hex format, but since it contains symbols I'm not sure if I need to be using certain values to get them. When i tried it myself i got that I would be replacing
4d 00 65 00 6c 00 6f 00 64 00 79 00 26 00 23 00 39 00 38 00 33 00 34 00 3b with 26 00 23 00 39 00 37 00 33 00 34 00 3b 00 50 00 72 00 69 00 73 00 6d 00 61 00 26 00 23 00 39 00 37 00 33 00 34 00 3b

I'm sorry if my wording is not the best or a bit confusing, but would anyone who has done this using symbols be able to confirm wether or not that would be right? Thank you!

lelek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I not use the ram editor to move my starting bridge? I tried moving it 3 spaces over and now it won't let me walk over it.

Do I need to delete it with LeafTools and use that to build it instead?

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I not use the ram editor to move my starting bridge? I tried moving it 3 spaces over and now it won't let me walk over it.

You can use the ram editor to move any building, though if I were you I'd recommend just adding bridges in with leaf tools instead of the rameditor, sincce the changes are reversable w/ leaftools.

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

If you move a building you need to save and reload before it takes its proper space in town.

Ah, I guess updating using a cartridge has its downsides then. Thank you for the information.

Do you know if it is possible to update just the browser?
There was someone with the same problem just a few pages ago. We also provided links to further information on that topic there.

NewLeafFan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you move a building you need to save and reload before it takes its proper space in town.

There was someone with the same problem just a few pages ago. We also provided links to further information on that topic there.
Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it! I will go look for those links now.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Reposting this here in addition to the leaftools thread.

I have figured out how the save file checksum for most of the files in Animal Crossing: New Leaf's savedata works. For the most part, it's CRC32 with a custom polynomial.

(Garden.dat is pretty silly, in particular: )
// Garden.dat checksums
// "@ofs: data_len;" means "checksum data_len bytes at ofs+4 and store the result at ofs."
@0x80: 0x1C
@0xA0: for (int i=0;i<4;i++){ @0xA0+0x9F10*i: 0x6B64; @0xA0+0x9F10*i+0x6B68: 0x33A4 }
@0x27CE0: 0x218B0
@0x495A0: 0x44B8
@0x4DA5C: 0x1E420
@0x6BE80: 0x20
@0x6BEA8: 0x13AF8

Does anyone have an exported savefile from savedatafiler containing "mvplayer.dat"? If so, I'd appreciate your sending me that file (and, really, your entire save) -- it'll help me make a save checksum fixer for ACNL so that people can hex edit their saves instead of doing RAM hacks. (I may eventually make a tool to edit the savedata, we'll see.)
Very late reply and you probably already had it, but maybe that file contains data for moved-in player?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out