ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Lolidolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably a temporary problem, it happens sometimes. Miiverse doesn't requires you to update the firmware (and won't update it), it's basically a browser that go on a link with a special user agent, just like the youtube application
Oh. Does it ever happen to you? Still isn't working for me and it's been about 24 hours now. The exact nature of it is that I can visit the links just fine, it says it's executing like usual but I get the error without any colour screen, and none of the tools end up doing their job.

Federnelke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, i reseted to the original ones (original colors). But it is still not working. I just do not know why...:-(
I cant send mails anymore. Could you help me please? Is it not possible to change the train station color without causing that issue? Can i somehow fix this?

D

Deleted User

Yes, i reseted to the original ones (original colors). But it is still not working. I just do not know why...:-(
I cant send mails anymore. Could you help me please? Is it not possible to change the train station color without causing that issue? Can i somehow fix this?

No. It's not reversible. If you don't have a backup of your RAM dump or game save, then that means you're screwed.
Also, what exactly happens when you attempt to send letters?

Federnelke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cant pick them and put them into the "send boxes". The town hall/train station color is somehow linked to the town ID. So the game thinks i am from another town. Because of that i cant send letters (for example you cant send letters to the neighbours of a friends town). If you had read up on my issue you would have known that many ac gamers had that problem.
So i hope this can be fixed because others managed to change the color correctly.
Do you know where i find the town ID?
Hopefully marc max answers again.

Reactions: Deleted User

Federnelke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please dont tell me constantly that i am "screwed" when you obviously dont know what i am talking about.
I didnt corrupt my savefile (everything but the mail system is normal). I just need to resolve the problem with the town ID. I hope so.

D

Deleted User

Please dont tell me constantly that i am "screwed" when you obviously dont know what i am talking about.
I didnt corrupt my savefile (everything but the mail system is normal). I just need to resolve the problem with the town ID. I hope so.

Well, I'm pretty sure you can't restore your town ID if you don't remember what it is. So yes, you are screwed if you can't fix it.

Lolidolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a thought, but if you ever created a QR code your town ID would be in that and you can read it with those QR pattern converters. Check your screenshots and see if you made one!

D

Deleted User

Sorry for telling you that you're screwed, I was at school, and it was extremely noisy, so I was kinda pissed off. I thought of some ways to fix it:
Change the bytes for the train station's colour back to what they used to be.
If at all possible, change your villager's IDs to match the ones of your current town.
If you didn't save, turn off your 3DS, and it should be fixed.
Also, you should try what Lolidolly said.

Reactions: Federnelke

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why that?
I am probably not the only one who changed the color. And marc max confirmed that this failure is solved...I didnt change buildings or something else...
I just changed the color correctly.
Where i can see the town id (i read that the train station bytes are stored there)? Maybe i can change the hex bytes back to the originals ones?
Please there has to be a way...

Have you looked at this guide?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-...am-editing-thread.385047/page-19#post-5446684

nero__

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't make it work i don't understand, i have an old 3ds xl with 5.9.0-22u i followed all the steps ans it doesn't work, after editing and putting it on the sd and loading the game, i go to the browser and type in that link and then when i go back to the game it crahses! all i wanted was to change one villager please help :-/

D

Deleted User

I can't make it work i don't understand, i have an old 3ds xl with 5.9.0-22u i followed all the steps ans it doesn't work, after editing and putting it on the sd and loading the game, i go to the browser and type in that link and then when i go back to the game it crahses! please help :-/

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have a 9.x firmware.
EDIT: Also, don't inject when inside a building.

D

Deleted User

Guys do you think there will be a RAM editor for the 9.7.0-25E Update? :(
No. Everybody is always asking for an update... No, you can't downgrade...
In order for this to work on newer firmwares, we need an exploit like spider...
For anybody that has updated, they are kinda, well, screwed. If I were you, I would not waste my time on here. If you have the wii version of animal crossing, you the map editor for that. It's called "actoolkit". You need the homebrew channel which can be easily installed to any wii! :yaywii: I hoped this answers your question! :D

D

Deleted User

No. Everybody is always asking for an update... No, you can't downgrade...
In order for this to work on newer firmwares, we need an exploit like spider...
For anybody that has updated, they are kinda, well, screwed. If I were you, I would not waste my time on here. If you have the wii version of animal crossing, you the map editor for that. It's called "actoolkit". You need the homebrew channel which can be easily installed to any wii! :yaywii: I hoped this answers your question! :D

Or if you have a friend who has an exploitable firmware, maybe you could borrow their 3DS?
That's what I'm doing on Tuesday.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I cant pick them and put them into the "send boxes". The town hall/train station color is somehow linked to the town ID. So the game thinks i am from another town. Because of that i cant send letters (for example you cant send letters to the neighbours of a friends town). If you had read up on my issue you would have known that many ac gamers had that problem.
So i hope this can be fixed because others managed to change the color correctly.
Do you know where i find the town ID?
Hopefully marc max answers again.
I'm pretty sure you are not puting the correct values. Send me your acnlram.bin file and I'll fix it for you.
It's reversible, do not worry :-)

BTW, have you tried to fix the value, save and reset?

Federnelke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks marc and tomato.
Tomato: i am not mad. You just had a bad day. Thanks for your advises.
Marc max: how can i send you my file (email?).
And yes i tried to fix the value...
Maybe you could try to either change the color correctly to the one i want or reverse everything?
That would be nice.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just some information :
http://delia-song.tumblr.com/post/115949008802/hi-after-hacking-today-specifically-using-the
There is someone with the same issue.

http://delia-song.tumblr.com/post/115971317117/ram-editor-changing-town-hall-train-station
And the message that the issue with town hall/train station color is fixed.

:-/

Yeah, that's the same issue, but they didn't manually edit. They used the editor for that.

Have you looked at the guide I've posted. Meaning you need to check either a letter or a pattern for your town ID and double-check if everything is uniform in your hex codes.

Did you check if your town ID is identical everywhere?

If it's not identical everywhere, just replace your secret town ID with your original town, and that should be working

If it is identical everywhere and it's still not working, not much we can do for now

Federnelke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In case anybody wants to know, i managed to fix that issue yesterday.
I was able to find out my original id (i searched my town name in the ram file) and changed the false id back to the right one. I can send mails again and my neighbours remember me/my city. The problem was that i had changed only one byte. However, you have to replace the whole ID + town name in the entire ram file. I have spent two hours to regocnize that :-/.

You can find a very useful guide to fix this written by ayaya here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-...am-editing-thread.385047/page-16#post-5435964
Thanks to her i managed to solve it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it's an English spelling bee