ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

D

Deleted User

has anyone save editted in the silk rug? its an nso membership exclusive thing. you redeem nook miles for it if you have nso

forumuser599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone save editted in the silk rug? its an nso membership exclusive thing. you redeem nook miles for it if you have nso

haven't tried save edit, but you can try this cheat code:

[Nook Inc Silk Rug - Slot 1]
04100000 AC3B90C0 0000306C

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's in the save editor as well, so might work without DLC.. I have the DLC, so I can't test it

Reactions: Deleted User

Xaniled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i seem to have messed up somewhere, on my map i have 2 Filbert but one is empty 2020041016150300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

and on the Island i have 2 Judy houses 2020041016151400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg 2020041016153600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

i tried to use the empty file to evict judy but the game crashes when i try to start it up

any suggestions?

BeanDomino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seem to have messed up somewhere, on my map i have 2 Filbert but one is emptyView attachment 202187

and on the Island i have 2 Judy houses View attachment 202188 View attachment 202189

i tried to use the empty file to evict judy but the game crashes when i try to start it up

any suggestions?

You're running into the same problem a lot of us are when trying to load a new villager after evicting one. For now you should restore to your latest backup. At the moment there's no clear way to correctly change villagers. You can swap out your 10th villager, which I assume is Judy, with this method and you won't run into the duplicate error.

Would you be willing to dump your villager files and upload them here? You have some great ones.

Last edited by BeanDomino,

Calcifer13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was just wondering.

I have an Animal Crossing save in my Emunand. If I try to inject/restore that save to my Sysnand and go online with it (in OFW, not CFW) is there a risk of getting banned? I've only used the save editor and Edizon cheats to add bells and items. I didn't do anything crazy to my island and villagers.

Kyrara

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To anybody that is interested I did manage to find a way to force villagers to spawn on mystery island. It's a bit of a complex process though, so I really don't recommend this to beginners, and I really would only recommend this for people who are trying to get the new Villagers who do not have Amiibos.

...and I REALLY don't recommend this for SXOS or Edizon because having a live memory viewer really helps, but work with whatever you have. I used Jnoexs.

Since I am still on version 1.1.0 I can't post cheats for most, but they are static HEAP (like everything else) so it's easy enough to find.
[Mystery Island Visitor Editor]
04100000 3F9DBBBC 000000XX <--------------Species ID
04100000 3F9DBAAC XXXXXXX <--------------Species ID #2
04100000 3F9DBAB0 00000XXX <--------------Villager ID

-The first thing you need to do is find the region of memory that stores the value for the villager that is located on mystery island. for that we need:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/C...ources/v1/Text/Villagers/VillagerNames_en.txt
You will find two numbers, these are both separate values for different things. (For example: Raymond is 04, 17. 04 is for his species all cats will have a value of 0x04 for their species. Dogs are 0A, etc...etc...

-I recommend doing a search for the species ID first, it's the simplest value to understand, and there is only one. Just like i mentioned search 0x04 if there is a cat, 0x0A if it's a dog, 0x08 if its an Alligator, whatever.

-Once you have this value your villager ID is -0x10C from your address. The number will be anywhere between 30-39. This is where things are a little tricky. Using Goldie as an example her ID is 0A, 00. When you find her value it will be 30, Butch will be 31, Lucky will be 32... and so on until you get to 39. The reason why this is complicated is because the game identifies numbers like 00, 10, and 20, all as 30 in this address. It's because of this that you will be limited to exactly who you can force during any specific encounter. If you encounter Goldie on the island you will be able to force any character with an ID between 00-09, if you encounter Ankha her ID is 13 so you can force any character with an ID between 10-19 (and for you unlucky bastards like me, and you want to force somebody like Raymond to spawn you need either Rudy, Katt, or Raymond because they are the only villagers in the game with an ID higher than 19) Its possible that there is another address that can correct this, but I was unable to find it so I encourage anybody else to try.

-Additionally there is a very complex value for species that I can only assume is for all you assembly people out there. I don't have a complete list compiled but I do have most. Keep an eye on the value that comes right before your Villager ID, it usually looks like 0x3YYYYYYY. You could also start your search with these values for a much shorter search.

306B6E6D - Monkey
31746272 - Bunny
316B7564 - Duck
31746163 - Cat
306C7562 - Rhino
3072676B - Kangaroo
316E6770 - Penguin
306E6863 - Chicken
30706968 - Hippo
3173756D - Mouse
31676970 - Pig
3070636F - Octopus
306D6168 - Hamster
30776F63 - Cow
30676974 - Tiger
30726270 - Eagle
30616562 - Bear

Okay, now that you have all the info you need you need to edit these three addresses. For me on ver 1.1.0 it was

You will know it worked when you speak to the villager and the correct name of the villager you want appears. Since the game doesn't have a chance to load in the updated model they will still look like the original villager but dont worry about that. Once you invite them to your island, the plot of land will have the correct name on it, and the following day you will see the correct house with the correct furniture!

Thx it was pretty easy with SXOS after i found out for what i have to look ^^ now its a easy 30 sec task

Reactions: Lionheartwolf

BeanDomino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was just wondering.

I have an Animal Crossing save in my Emunand. If I try to inject/restore that save to my Sysnand and go online with it (in OFW, not CFW) is there a risk of getting banned? I've only used the save editor and Edizon cheats to add bells and items. I didn't do anything crazy to my island and villagers.

Nobody knows anything for sure. People who care to avoid any chance of ban are generally not risking it, because there's no telling what sorts of cheat detection Nintendo has implemented or is willing to in the future. I have also heard that save files created while using cfw on emuNAND create flags that Nintendo can read via telemetry, but I don't know much about that topic. It could be that the level of exploits you're engaging in fly under the radar and are ultimately safe, but only time and trial will tell.

Reactions: Calcifer13

lennurs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so turns out with NHSE you cant add more stuff like hardwood/softwood? if you change the amount to something like 30 you still get 1 compared to clumps of weed which you can change to whatever number you want. anyone know of this issue?

forumuser599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so turns out with NHSE you cant add more stuff like hardwood/softwood? if you change the amount to something like 30 you still get 1 compared to clumps of weed which you can change to whatever number you want. anyone know of this issue?

you have to subtract 1, so use 1d as the modifier in a cheat code or 29 in save editor

Last edited by forumuser599,

munenorii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
let me know how it works. i have yet to try it but people have been saying it works so im taking their word x)

Can confirm that it works! I am doing it in 1.1.1 though, and using a lot of them made my game lag for some reason. Thanks again for your help earlier :D

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've discovered something, or at least I think I have. Mods, feel free to delete if this is already known, but I felt a little sliver of pride for working this out without looking for help.
For DIY recipes in the NHSE, use (Item #5794), use the ACNH DIY Recipe values pastebin from a little further up in the thread, you can set the flag 2 value to the first digit from the list, and then convert the final 2 digits from hex to decimal, and place that converted value into the count slot. For example, if I wanted to place the DIY recipe for the Dark bamboo rug into my inventory, I would set an empty slot to (Item #5794), set flag 2 for a value of 2, and set the count for the item to 160 (A0=160).
Using this method, I was able to generate a 40-slot inventory file for all the recipes for the Bunny Day event, attached below.

I dont want to take away from your, or anybody else's sense of accomplishment, but I posted this back on page 19 https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-...ering-glitches-bugs-etc-thread.560199/page-19 and I don't think there has been more than 1-2 pages that has gone by since where somebody didn't either ask, or post their version of this same cheat. Heck, Im not even the first, I just was the first to post the Bunny Day stuff when 1.1.0 was new.

I know this is a pretty messy thread to search through, but there is no way you can't find that post or the countless reposting of the cheat for each version if you search the thread.

I know Bunny Day is finally here and there is a sudden rush of people looking for the new items and codes but please try to look first, you are not even the tenth person to repost the same information on DIY recipes, and/or Bunny Day recipes. I don't mean any offense to you specifically, it's more of me making a point that maybe it's time to update the OP to include this information. This thread is just an endless dump of people reinventing the wheel over and over and it's becoming near impossible for people to share new information in the endless slue of people CONSTANTLY posting and reposting inventory/DIY stuff and people asking for a new variation of the exact same thing...

Last edited by Lionheartwolf,

Shamu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now this is a pretty messy thread to search through, but there is no way you can't find that post or the countless reposting of the cheat for each version if you search the thread.

Sorry I missed your post, I've gone ahead and deleted my post, you deserve the credit for figuring it out first.
I'm pretty new here, and searching in a given thread is something I haven't quite figured out yet. I'm sure I also missed someone else who deserves the credit for editing DIY recipes in NHSE as opposed to cheats or other RAM editing.

Last edited by Shamu4Life,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong