Animal Crossing Australia

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by pieman202, Feb 1, 2009.

Feb 1, 2009

Animal Crossing Australia by pieman202 at 8:10 AM (846 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. pieman202
    OP

Member pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Do you think that its fair that we should get the american version of Animal crossing wild world. I mean our seasons are opposites so when we play in summer its winter in animal crossing and its a bit annoying. and having the american version of the game stopped us from uploading our characters from ww to lets go to the city because it didn't recognise the game as being the same region as lets go the city. i haven't played lets go to the city yet (getting it now) but can anyone tell me for the pal version are the seasons reversed as well?
    EDIT: i hope this doesn't count as being in the wrong section i just asked that question after i made the topic o_o

2. 2128

Newcomer 2128 Advanced Member

Australia
    It just makes me more jealous than anything else. Booted City Folk up last night and saw that it was snowing. Then I looked at the thermometer on my desk and noticed it was about 35 Celsius. Sigh.

3. Shadz

Member Shadz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Lol @ above posts. I tried playing some game online (cant remember what is was) and it said i was from the USA.

I just turned the ds off then.

Australia really needs the location code thingy working properly.

4. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Of course I find it annoying. No one ever thinks about the southern hemisphere. =\

I believe the game would also work better since certain fish only appear in certain seasons so it would increase the the number of reasons why people would bother to visit other people's towns.

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    So the version of Wild World sold in Australia can't talk to the Australian version of Let's Go to the City? That's just dumb! Am I right in thinking Australia get a lot of their DS games tied in with America, in which case none of those games will be capable of connecting with the Wii either? Wow they really should've thought of that.

6. Shadz

Member Shadz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    If you look on NDS cartridges, they have in writing on it somewhere USA or EUR which recognises the region its from. I think 2 of my 9 games are actually AUS...