Android Android tablet to play games on

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things to keep in mind with the Nook Color...

-Make sure you put CM7 and an overclock kernel on it, set to 1.2Ghz. Its pretty fast in this configuration

-Most 2D emulators will run full speed. N64 isnt really worth your time though. Dont know about PS1 emulation, havent tried it.

-Web browser loads pages fast, but the scrolling and pinch/zoom is terrible on the stock browser. Use Opera Mobile(not Mini) instead, make sure to set it to run in Desktop mode instead of Tablet or you'll have compatibility issues on websites.

-Install ChainFire 3D from the market, set it to use 16-bit textures and use the Tegra 2 plugin for best speed in 3D apps.

-While its not honeycomb, some good tablet versions of apps make it pretty close. The aforementioned Opera Mobile, Kaiten Mail, and the Notion Ink Adam version of QuickOffice HD make a great set of tablet optimized productivity apps.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
CM7 isn't the only ROM you can run, there are many options, i believe phiremod is another one that's quite good

also for a browser i recommend Dolphin HD

Its not the only good rom, but at the same time its a good starting point. Phiremod is good, as is MIUI if thats your thing (although it has some issues with control, seeing as it uses button savior instead of a more integrated solution for the menu and back buttons).

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun said:
N64 isnt really worth your time though.
But look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWcScext7w

It looks like it runs flawlessly. Also thanks for the info
smile.gif

EDIT
Also is alright if I buy a refurbished nook color for $180 instead of a new one for $250?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overstock has some Pre-owned Certified Refurb for $180 also, with no tax for me (California), came out to be around $182 for the $2 shipping plus you can get some cashback with FW. I seen some better tablet go on sale all the time, but they sell out quick.
The certified refurbished nook color are supposedly in like new condition with 1 year warranty. It seems good for $70 difference.

I heard the HP Touchpad will also be getting some more stock, even though it 'died' and sold for $100 each in which they lost money. A android port is on the way for it too.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bryon15 said:
Jotokun said:
N64 isnt really worth your time though.
But look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWcScext7w

It looks like it runs flawlessly. Also thanks for the info
smile.gif

EDIT
Also is alright if I buy a refurbished nook color for $180 instead of a new one for $250?

I mentioned it becuase with a few exceptions, most games dont run anywhere near full speed. Mario Kart and Mario 64 work, as do a few others. But most of the games I've tried run like molasses. If you can live with a little choppiness, or play less demanding games, it'll work for you.

QUOTE(dilav @ Aug 26 2011, 07:18 PM)
Overstock has some Pre-owned Certified Refurb for $180 also, with no tax for me (California), came out to be around $182 for the $2 shipping plus you can get some cashback with FW. I seen some better tablet go on sale all the time, but they sell out quick.
The certified refurbished nook color are supposedly in like new condition with 1 year warranty. It seems good for $70 difference.

I heard the HP Touchpad will also be getting some more stock, even though it 'died' and sold for $100 each in which they lost money. A android port is on the way for it too.

Will the HP Touchpad get Android? Most certianly. But it'll probably be a while before its at a usable level. If you want a device that'll work for your needs the instant you get it (post-modding of course), the Nook is still the better choice. If you have patience, get an HP Touchpad now and give it a few(or a lot, who knows how long it'll take) months.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun posted...
I mentioned it becuase with a few exceptions, most games dont run anywhere near full speed. Mario Kart and Mario 64 work, as do a few others. But most of the games I've tried run like molasses. If you can live with a little choppiness, or play less demanding games, it'll work for you.

Okay what about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXknFtIPUQs#

Now I know that's not a nook color. But it is N64oid running on the android operating system. Shouldn't it work the same way on the nook color?

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if it was stated yet, but dont even consider the pandigital novel. the only game ive gotten running is a version of minesweeper. other versions of the same game dont even work

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bryon15 said:
Jotokun posted...

Okay what about this.

Now I know that's not a nook color. But it is N64oid running on the android operating system. Shouldn't it work the same way on the nook color?

...you realize you're comparing a single core 800mhz device to a 1.2ghz dual core device, right?

look at this... you only see the title screen, but you can still tell its speed by the animation on the horse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7us7m6Hug

harg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun said:
Bryon15 said:
Jotokun posted...

Okay what about this.

...you realize you're comparing a single core 800mhz device to a 1.2ghz dual core device, right?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH LOL
hateps3.gif
(Pretend that the playstation is a NOOK.)

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun posted...
...you realize you're comparing a single core 800mhz device to a 1.2ghz dual core device, right?look at this... you only see the title screen, but you can still tell its speed by the animation on the horse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7us7m6Hug

Well damn. I guess I shouldn't get it then. Maybe I should save my money for a samsung galaxy tab.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I broke down and bought a nook color. I rooted it. Everything seems to work great. Except youtube doesn't work. Any fixes for this? Also how do I overclock it to 1.2ghz?

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bryon15 said:
Well I broke down and bought a nook color. I rooted it. Everything seems to work great. Except youtube doesn't work. Any fixes for this? Also how do I overclock it to 1.2ghz?

How did you go about rooting it? Are you running the stock software rooted or did you install a custom recovery and another rom? If so, what rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==