Gaming Android on PC?

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering which LiveCD file I would use for a desktop PC: the Dell OptiPlex GX270. It's an somewhat old computer, and which ICS CD I would use for it?

http://www.android-x86.org/download

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The one titled ASUS should work for most PCs. It's sort of a hit and miss.

EDIT: A note, though, Android for PC is still in it's developing stage and IS NOT recommended as a standalone OS. It's still buggy, most apps hardly work, and I have yet to even get internet working, both LAN and Wifi. (The internet thing might just be me, though)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had trouble getting it running on my old PC, but on a laptop it runs well. Connected to wifi, and the stock ICS browser worked alright. I think I used the asus one.
But as suprgamr232 said, it's not really a good OS to use on a computer at this stage. Cool to mess with though.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one titled ASUS should work for most PCs. It's sort of a hit and miss.

EDIT: A note, though, Android for PC is still in it's developing stage and IS NOT recommended as a standalone OS. It's still buggy, most apps hardly work, and I have yet to even get internet working, both LAN and Wifi. (The internet thing might just be me, though)

Alrighty, thanks, I'll try it out.
I'm not going to use it as a standalone OS, just going to test it out without installing.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse