Android Emulation Questions

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configuring Mupen64 and epsxe for my newly purchased Shield TV. I've never had a chance to use epsxe with vibration, as I previously only used it with a Portable Shield. Anyways even though vibration is enabled on the main menu I'm not getting vibration for either the 2017 Shield Controller or the 360 Wired Controller. What do I need to do to fix the lack of vibration?

Also when using Mupen64, the two controllers mentioned above are recognized. However I can't seem to find the ability to configure either controller to map the control scheme I prefer. Where is the feature to map controls on mupen64? Thanks.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of Mupen are you using? Have you tried the autobuilds? I find that the autobuilds are more up to date with features. However, they have ceased development for the time being.

The FZ version, which is current. Also I can't find it for the last autobuild on paul's code.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configuring Mupen64 and epsxe for my newly purchased Shield TV. I've never had a chance to use epsxe with vibration, as I previously only used it with a Portable Shield. Anyways even though vibration is enabled on the main menu I'm not getting vibration for either the 2017 Shield Controller or the 360 Wired Controller. What do I need to do to fix the lack of vibration?
Did you make sure vibration is enabled in the game as well, and your controller setting for epsxe is switched to dual shock?

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FZ version, which is current. Also I can't find it for the last autobuild on paul's code.
Ok, the FZ version is definitely the most current version. The developer picked up the project some time back. Alright try "controller profile" and then try "new" and once you've entered name and desc. it will allow you to map your controller. Also, when you are done go to "settings" and then "input" to choose your custom profile for each controller.

Last edited by gman666,
Reactions: Prior22

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest version of the app?

Version 2.0.8. Is there some sort of file I need to install for an android version to get vibration? I seem to recall reading that about PC versions of epsxe.

Also do you overclock beyond 1.0? Is there a clear cut advantage to choose 1.5 or beyond? And I've not been able to get vibration for multiple games, not just one.

PS: How do you unmap for extra functions? Seems like it's a touch only feature.

Ok, the FZ version is definitely the most current version. The developer picked up the project some time back. Alright try "controller profile" and then try "new" and once you've entered name and desc. it will allow you to map your controller. Also, when you are done go to "settings" and then "input" to choose your custom profile for each controller.

BINGO. I'm not going to complain too much, since it's an awesome app. However it would be nice to be able to edit pre configured controller settings.

Last edited by Prior22,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb