Hacking "Analysis: Manufacturing cost and estimated sales of the Gateway 3DS (and other 3DS Flashcarts)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizblitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
"A few days ago I published an article where I criticized the Gateway3DS team for having intentionally injected malware in their flashcart for the Nintendo 3DS. One of the thing that annoyed me is how most of the people buying the Gateway 3DS products almost described the Gateway team as “white knights” or “devs dedicated to the scene”. Set aside the flamewar-inducing tone of my article, I mostly wanted to open people’s eyes on the huge market and margin that the flashcart business is. As I mentioned, the Gateway team are looking at a potential benefit of millions of dollars, they are clearly in the business for money and not to “help the scene”. Good for them, but I just wanted to stop the myth that these guys are here for “the community”.

Now, when I mentioned millions of dollars, some people rolled eyes and said I basically pulled the numbers out of thin air. I’ve gone back to my research and came back with more precise numbers to prove my claims."

Here is the authors full analyses:
http://wololo.net/2014/01/24/analys...-of-the-gateway-3ds-and-other-3ds-flashcarts/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1