Gaming analogue stick repairs

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My dumb little brother has broken the analogue stick on my PSP and now it pulls down all the time. makes my games basically unplayable. Now I've looked into it and from what I gather the stick needs replacing. I have two choices. Either pay £35 and get it repaired by the pros, which is something I can't really afford right now, or I could buy a replacement stick off ebay for £3 and do it myself, which risks further damage to the system since I've never done anything like that before. Suggestions? Better yet, has anyone here ever done these repairs or know a site I can go to which explains it in words of one syllabal or less?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there isn't actually any need for a tutorial on how to do it
its like 3 screws take it off put knew one on screw back in job done seriously do it yourself save yourself alt of time and hassle, oh yeah and you need to pull the nub off the top thats it nothing too it

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i live in the U.K too and have a spare analog for a PHAT psp if thats what your after you can have it cos its not like i needs it
tongue.gif
where abouts do you live and i can send it out right away
smile.gif

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i actually have had that happen to me before. after cussing for a while, i tried to fix it. it worked, and now it works fine again.

to fix it, just take the thumb pad thing off, and try to move the stick around in different directions. dont be afraid to use significant force, its broken already anyway.

it was quite a relief to get it working again, i didnt want to have to wait a month to get a new one from DX.

Spawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
have you opened the psp up for anything yet? a while back the screen for my phat broke and i replaced it myself. but when I screwed the psp back together the analog had this exact problem (always going down). surprisingly enough, I had done the screws up too tight and all I did was loosen the one nearest the analog ever so slightly and it has worked perfectly ever since.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The nub assemblies are different for both Phat and Slim consoles so it really needs to be noted which type of PSP you have.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, this is wierd. I was planning on opening the system up to clean the connectors like in a vid I found on youtube, but my dad decided he wanted to do it instead. He spun the stick in a circle and it's working fine now. Maybe it was just a but of dirt lodged on the connectors and he got lucky dislodging it. Either way it seems to be working now. Thanks for your help though, I'll bear it in mind when he inevitably breaks it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-