Analog stick acting a little erratic

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by maxmouse2008, Aug 5, 2009.

Aug 5, 2009
  1. maxmouse2008
    OP

Member maxmouse2008 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In some games it works fine (some I can think of off the top of my head are NBA 09 the inside and MLB 09 The Show, NCAA 10)

In some other games if I move the stick to the right it and return it to a neutral position the character continues to move ever so slowly to the right, games that THIS happens in is Daxter and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Do I need to replace the stick.

If so how hard is that (Its a PSP 1000)

I have tried a can of air and that does not help/hurt the situation
    Thnxs sorry for newby questions

2. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Replacing it is easy, 4 screws that hold faceplate/backplate together. then two more that hold the analogue stick in. I never really mess with it too much, but u could prob fix it without replacing. Try tightening the outer four screws is the first thing u should try, if not then disassemble it and rebend the contact point thingy. there not expensive to replace tho. Careful not to loose the rectangular clear conductive piece of plastic that connects the mobo to the analogue stick. (its lodged on the metal lcd frame, but it could come out)

Edit: Sorry if im not making sense. I did not sleep for a long time now, and still in a weird sleeping mode. (Huh, i just notice the beeping sound was the alarm clock.)

3. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    replacing the stick is easy as pie but tbh I just think the washer like pad underneath the face place is making the stick well stick abit and not all games are as sensitive to it as others are.

if your having a problem with the analog sticking slightly why would you tighten the screws? that would make it stick more [​IMG]

4. maxmouse2008
    OP

Member maxmouse2008 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The stick isnt sticking in a direction, rather whn4e the stick is back to neutral the game still "senses" a movement