Hacking An M3 Sakura Question...

MH_X7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, every time I turn on my DS and Sakura comes up, I get the following error/message...
An error was detected while trying to access the disc or file. Please confirm the followings:
Was the ROM file of a correct DLDI patch started?
Please re-format the media and try again.
Please try with different media from another manufacturer.

Am I being paranoid or does this message comes up for everyone using an M3 Real and the Sakura Firmware? The reason why I'm asking is because some of my games freeze out of nowhere or would show other kinds of errors (Pokemon Dimond froze once while I was on Wi-fi, Castlevania PoR freezes regularly, there are times when Contra 4 won't start, etc.)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The message is OK as long as it gets off the screen after few seconds....If it freezes, then It isa a problem!!
PoR is a very known common problem!! and there are situations where occasional freezes during the game, may happen!! If it starts to happen more often, format your microSD and copy files back up!!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The M3 Sakura FAQ said:
Q: Why do I keep getting an "error" message right before I boot into Sakura? I don't seem to be having any problems.
A: Most of you already know that the error message is not a big deal, but I decided to add this for those who still don't know. The following screen pops up for a split-second before booting into Sakura:
?????????????????????????
??????????????????????????

???????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????

An error was detected while trying to access the
disc or a file. Please confirm the followings
[sic]:

Was the ROM file of a correct DLDI patch started?
Please re-format the media and try again.
Please try with different media from another

manufacturer.
The English message is basically a translation of the Japanese above it, but it's missing a few points. In the Japanese, the sentence "???????????????????????????????????" actually says "In the event of an error while accessing the disk or loading files, [loading] will freeze at this screen."

So the "error" screen is always there even when everything is working properly. Only when you have problems will boot-up freeze at this screen, in which case the error message is actually meant to be read (or you can hold the L or R button to pause the boot-up sequence and get a better look at it). In short, if the message appears for only a second, you're good to go! If it freezes on that screen, that's when it's time to worry.

*EDIT*
You're too fast, Toni!
wink.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the places you freeze at are common freeze points(wifi functions, and castlevania games)
the error is a "precaution" error.
it always displays, you can ignore it unless it stays for more than 10 seconds.

when m3sakura freezes on fat init it can't draw an error message, so it draws the message first and then removes it when fat init succeeds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it