1. ChaosRipple
    OP

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Since Hans is running in the background to be able to take screenshots in game, wouldn't we be able to modify it or add a function to dump the RAM as well?

No idea if this would work since I don't fully understand how the 3DS works.

2. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    The 3DS doesn't work that way, HANS allows you to use parts from certain files that aren't or weren't stored originally on the console, such as running hacks, fan translations, naturally, with the use of the original cartridge, taking screenshot would be the most "superficial" part out of HANS, since the RAM is not stored in there, the ram is stored in multiple chips, therefore, writing something on the screenshots wouldn't do much.

3. Exavold

Exavold lol

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    lol
    No since 9.5 can (?)

4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    That's the payload's doing. What HANS does is make the payload continue running in the background while you play official games.
    You would have to change the payload's code if you wanted to add new functions or edit any of the existing ones.

5. ChaosRipple
    OP

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Ohhhh, ya you're right. I meant the payload. But of course, we don't have the source to that. x.x

So then it would technically be possible since back in the day, we're able to use the browser to run our unsigned code extract the RAM.

I don't know what I was thinking when I created the thread but I meant the payload. I know what Hans does. The payload is what actually takes the screenshots since you could take screenshots in the Homebrew Launcher without even executing Hans.

Last edited by ChaosRipple, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    Could be possible, but difficult.