Homebrew An idea probably impossible

Dizwix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this possible to use Wi-Fi to transfer the local network of DS.I mean,in example,the wifi mode of GTA CTW is a disaster.But the local mode is way better.I'd love to play GTA with friends on distance.
Is there a way to do it?

PS:My english is kinda crappy.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, apparently there were people that worked to do the opposite, but nothing was ever released. As in fake.
So probably won't happen.

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dizwix said:
Is this possible to use Wi-Fi to transfer the local network of DS.I mean,in example,the wifi mode of GTA CTW is a disaster.But the local mode is way better.I'd love to play GTA with friends on distance.
Is there a way to do it?

PS:My english is kinda crappy.

Might be, if one was to write an app for a flashcard which supports wifi file transfer. But even then it would only be transfering the whole rom and of course both players would have to own a Flashcard with the app. If an app like this exists, somebody else will probably tell you, I don't know.
tongue.gif

But since if both own the Flashcard anyway it would be a lot easier to just transfer the rom from PC to both cards. IMHO it is not possible doing this another way, or maybe hardly, because it would probably include Reverse Engineering the whole game and adding some kind of function I've never even seen in any other game.
biggrin.gif

Hope this helps,
~BlackNeedle

Dizwix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx for your answers.Especially you,Blackneedle =)
But,isn't it possible to make a server on PC ,that would just read the wifi signal and don't need a flashcart?

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Local networking/multiplayer on the DS doesn't use wifi conform to ISO, most call it nifi. Hence it's near impossible to tunnel local mp (ad hoc) through a wan.

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dizwix said:
Thx for your answers.Especially you,Blackneedle =)
But,isn't it possible to make a server on PC ,that would just read the wifi signal and don't need a flashcart?

Please try to be more concrete, even if you're less fond at the language (I'm no native speaker myself, so I know what it's like
rolleyes.gif
). I did not really get what you're up to...
It is of course possible to monitor a wireless network. This includes a network a DS is connected to, and using e.g. Wireshark one could also easily dump any traffic. But why would that be any use?

Dizwix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean that I'd enjoy play GTA CW in Wi-Fi but in the local mode.The real Wi-Fi mode is bad,you can just trade some drugs or chat.But in the local mode,you can do some races,or Deathmatches.So I mean using the local wi-fi network and send it over wifi by some servers to another user.Local but on distance^^

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Local wifi games expect the other players systems to 'reply' within a couple of frames. The ds tunnel idea was abandoned because there is absolutely no way to get to ds's to communicate over the internet when they are expecting to be local is absolutely impossible. Both DS's will give up as the signal is not received fast enough. They will each think the other player has dropped out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16