Homebrew ''An exception occurred'' when using ninjhax entrypoint

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings, I have been on 11.2-35U for quite some time and with Pokemon Usumo coming up I want to update to 11.6-39U. I have red that the homebrew now works with some of the entry point. Right now I am accessing homebrew using the icon ''H'' on my 3ds. I am not sure, but I believe this optio will not be available for me once I update to the current version.

I also happen to have cubic ninja. I have red ninjhax is a valid entry point on 11.6-39. I have scanned the qr code from the ninjhax page corresponding to my current 11.2-35 version, however when I use the ninjhax to get to homebrew I end up on the picture attached to this post.
https://imgur.com/a/Ffl1Q

I have luma version 8.1.1-f6483ec6
arm9loaderhax, godmode9 v1.3.1

What am I missing? The homebrew loads without problem if I just touch the homebrew icon I installed with FBI, but doesn't seem to work with ninjhax.

All I want is to edit my save file, that's why I think I need homebrew.

Thank you for your help :)

Attachments

• 20171117_004132.jpg
    20171117_004132.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 285

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Greetings, I have been on 11.2-35U for quite some time and with Pokemon Usumo coming up I want to update to 11.6-39U. I have red that the homebrew now works with some of the entry point. Right now I am accessing homebrew using the icon ''H'' on my 3ds. I am not sure, but I believe this optio will not be available for me once I update to the current version.

I also happen to have cubic ninja. I have red ninjhax is a valid entry point on 11.6-39. I have scanned the qr code from the ninjhax page corresponding to my current 11.2-35 version, however when I use the ninjhax to get to homebrew I end up on the picture attached to this post.
https://imgur.com/a/Ffl1Q

I have luma version 8.1.1-f6483ec6
arm9loaderhax, godmode9 v1.3.1

What am I missing? The homebrew loads without problem if I just touch the homebrew icon I installed with FBI, but doesn't seem to work with ninjhax.

All I want is to edit my save file, that's why I think I need homebrew.

Thank you for your help :)
You should update your system to B9S (currently 1.3) if you want to use Luma 8.1.1. A9LH is not longer supported. Alternatively use Luma 7.1. Follow this guide if you want to update from A9LH to B9S: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Last edited by Muxi,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed from a9lh to boot9strap using the guide you provided à couple of months ago. I just didn' t remember until you brought it up.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I changed from a9lh to boot9strap using the guide you provided à couple of months ago. I just didn' t remember until you brought it up.
you should install hblauncher 2.0, which is compatible to B9S. the old hblauncher until version 1.3 only works with the ninjhax entrypoint but not with B9S.

create a folder on your sd root called "hblauncherloader" and copy the payload bin file depending on your system into that folder. Then download the attached file and replace the boot.3dsx.
Restart your HBlauncher (the "H" icon) and it should work now.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    201.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by Muxi,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok so I checked the homebrew version I was currently under and it's Rosalina v2.0.0, so my version should work fine with ninjhax no?
https://imgur.com/a/b3Rdn
I am a bit at a loss right now.
Try the latest nightly version of Luma3DS, maybe that will help, but I think it´s a compatibility issue with B9S or Sighax. As far as I know, applications designed for ninjhax do not run under B9S / Sighax

Attachments

• boot.zip
    119.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by Muxi,

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Humm, I can't test it right now, I will download the nightly build when I get home but, if I update to 11.6-39 now, how would I be able to access homebrew?
The homebrew icon wouldn't work if my understanding is correct and ninjhax doesn't seems to work on my n3ds using the current version of my n3ds. I am scared to update and realise I have no entrypoint for homebrew because ninjhax wouldn't work on my n3ds. Ninjhax worked before I was using b9s I believe, since it was one of my prefered method of entering homebrew.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are confusing so many old methods with the new methods. If you have B9S homebrew will work on any firmware. Here's what you need to do:

1. Update your system in system settings.

2. Load the homebrew launcher using the icon already installed on your system.

3. Throw your cubic ninja cart in the trash. (Unless you need it for an unmodded system on lower firmware.)

4. ???

5. Profit.

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are confusing so many old methods with the new methods. If you have B9S homebrew will work on any firmware. Here's what you need to do:

1. Update your system in system settings.

2. Load the homebrew launcher using the icon already installed on your system.

3. Throw your cubic ninja cart in the trash. (Unless you need it for an unmodded system on lower firmware.)

4. ???

5. Profit.

Omg you mean I don't have to reinstall homebrew for each update I do to my n3ds? I know I am confused and may have confused many methods altogether.
Oh so you mean the guides are for people who never installed any of these things, including homebrew? But since I already have them, updating my n3ds will have no influence on my ability to access homebrew by touching the icon installed with fbi?!

teseting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg you mean I don't have to reinstall homebrew for each update I do to my n3ds? I know I am confused and may have confused many methods altogether.
Oh so you mean the guides are for people who never installed any of these things, including homebrew? But since I already have them, updating my n3ds will have no influence on my ability to access homebrew by touching the icon installed with fbi?!

You have CFW and CFW is permanent. You do not need to to re install anything as CFW protects the ability to run homebrew. So yes, updating your 3ds will have no effect on your ability to access homebrew.

You do not need to worry about losing homebrew. This only happens to people who have not installed CFW and rely on Cubic Ninja or OOT3D

Last edited by teseting,

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have CFW and CFW is permanent. You do not need to to re install anything as CFW protects the ability to run homebrew. So yes, updating your 3ds will have no effect on your ability to access homebrew.

You do not need to worry about losing homebrew. This only happens to people who have not installed CFW and rely on Cubic Ninja or OOT3D
Damn, you were right. I updated and my homebrew is still working, I was scared for nothing. Thx a lot for all the quick feedback. 0_0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello