Homebrew "An exception occurred" homebrew error

3DSLOVER54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I have a New 3ds XL hacked with Luma 3DS v.8.1. I recently downloaded and installed Homebrew Launcher 2.0 (Rosalina) on my console. And, because i didn't removed ancient homebrew apps from homebrew 1.1.1, i got an error who tells "An exception occurred" with arm11 processor (core0) and data abort error type on everytime i attempted to launch every homebrew app who came from 1.1.1 homebrew starter pack. What i did to fix that: remove all 1.1.1 apps from the microSD, and replaced them by the 2.0 starter apps. It worked properly, but an issue is still there: where i download more homebrew apps via 3dbrew or the gbatemp homebrew apps repo, some of the downloaded apps works, but some of them didn't worked and shows again and again the "an exception occurred" error, with the same description (Processor:arm11 (core0) error type: data abort) i would like to know what is the core of the problem and why it occurs... help plz because of that error i can't launch lot of my homebrew apps... do someone knows how to fix that?

CONFIG: Luma 3ds v.8.1-B9s-homebrew launcher v.2.0-sysNAND 11.5.0-38E-Homebr3w-FBI-LumaUpdater

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
From what I remember, since Rosalina's 3dsx payloads support is different from the Homebrew ones, some Homebrew can not work unless made compatible for Rosalina(I could be totally wrong, I'm not the best at coding :P)

What are some of these Homebrew apps you keep having problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even wifi pair opening just an app to sign is nice
    Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken