Not open for further replies.

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello! I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when I try to start certain installed games(Namely, Puzzle&Dragons Super Mario Edition Japan version and Sushi Striker USA verision), I get this error and have to shutdown...

Processor : ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type : data abort
Fault status : Translation - Section
Current process : PuzDra_m (0004000000162300)

This was when I tried to play Puzzle&Dragons. This shows up the moment after I see the 3DS logo..

I will add the crash dump file for this situation. It's a New 2DSL... and I recently used the luma updater to download the latest version 9.1 from github.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000018.zip
    723 bytes · Views: 260
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: tehrzky and NFates

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I don't know for sure, but maybe importing the seed helps.

Go to FBI > Titles > *the game that gives you problems* > Import Seed

If it doesn't work, at least you got that one off the list.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Well done, Turd.

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Thanks! I will definitely try it too and hope it works...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yall need to use Import Seed with FBI.

For future reference if you've install *.cia downloaded through either Villain3DS or CIAngel, check this list if your game is on there:
Other, offline methods to decrypt seed:

I will try it! Thank you!!

cibernetico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
New to forum and so, sorry if this thread is closed. This happens to me when trying to open titles on fbi and also when software management is trying to get all lists of my games. Can you please advise?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to forum and so, sorry if this thread is closed. This happens to me when trying to open titles on fbi and also when software management is trying to get all lists of my games. Can you please advise?

Check if your SD card is fake or faulty.
  1. Copy everything off the card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat it as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with either Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. While empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw. Do not skip this step.
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files and copy everything back on the card.
    • However, if it at any time the card returns an error, you may the stop the test. The card cannot be fixed and needs to be replaced.

If the card passed H2testw, re-examine your SD card on the 3DS.

Make sure you're using the latest custom firmware setup: Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your SD card and CTRNAND.
  • If you have Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older with arm9loaderhax (A9LH):
or
  • If you have Luma3DS v7.1 - v9.0 with boot9strap v1.0 - v1.2:
If you're already a B9S user but need to update, you can use this pre-collected archive for convenience found here.

Report back if problems still persist after checking the card and verifying your CFW is up-to-date.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

cibernetico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, i will not have time to do that until next weekend. However, i have a folder on home screen with over 50 or around that of gba injection. Every folder (with cps and neo geo) is ok except the first gba folder(i have 2 with injection gba games). When i try to access that folder, is the same error as stated. When trying to access game list from software management and fbi titles, it passes over 3ds games wich appear find and i think the problem is on that folder. My question is: can i delete those games from sd card or can i check for fault without doing everything you said? Much appreciated your help.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is: can i delete those games from sd card or can i check for fault without doing everything you said?
Found in the Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000 directory, deleting the games or their individual title sub folders straight from the SD card does not de-register the game from the 3DS HOME Menu.

Even if you did fix the crash doing this, that leaves a big question mark of whether or not you can trust your SD card in keeping your data safe.

cibernetico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello There,
I have done everything you said, the card was ok, only a currupted file when i tried to copy eveything from my sd to computer. That file i asume that was a gba injected game. Anyway, everything has dissapeared not from home screen, including fbi, luma and homebrew launcher. I can enter in gm9 and rosalina menu though. Can you please advise next? forgot to mention is a new2dsxl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello There,
I have done everything you said, the card was ok, only a currupted file when i tried to copy eveything from my sd to computer. That file i asume that was a gba injected game. Anyway, everything has dissapeared not from home screen, including fbi, luma and homebrew launcher. I can enter in gm9 and rosalina menu though. Can you please advise next? forgot to mention is a new2dsxl

Are you trying to restore your games found on HOME Menu? If they're gone, you need to check if the 3DS semi-acknowledges their presence in:
  • System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software
If you see crossed out X's, you'll need to have their saves + extdata already backed up with Checkpoint or JKSM. Reinstalling a game will overwrite your save progress.

If you don't have the saves & extdata backed up, your data recovery requires following this guide:

cibernetico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
11. Copy the Nintendo 3DS folder from your backup set to the card. Copy only that folder and nothing else.
  • Your SD card must have adequate free space for the next step. You may need to remove and group into batches the title subfolders.
    • Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00####00 < individual title folder.
  • I recommend your free space should be slightly more than the total amount of used data. Doing this reduces backing up the games to roughly two sessions.
I forgot to mention as well that i had a backup created and i have restored it. In software management it says: there is not accessiable software data. i can access fbi trough donwload play. from there i think i can install fbi cia hblauncher and luma3ds? furthermore, i have to do that above from the link you mentioned?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention as well that i had a backup created and i have restored it. In software management it says: there is not accessiable software data. i can access fbi trough donwload play. from there i think i can install fbi cia hblauncher and luma3ds? furthermore, i have to do that above from the link you mentioned?

What are you trying to exactly do?

If you want to bring back all the missing *.cia games found on HOME Menu, you'll lose their saves and progress when reinstalling them.

Either you already have those saves + extdata made before in Checkpoint or JKSM save manager because the typical way to bring back the saves is if you use a save manager to restore them.

The other way to recover the lost save data is by following that guide, unless you have your tickets.db file somewhere. The tickets are tied to your collection of games from that Nintendo 3DS folder in making your 3DS fully recognizing those games as yours. You can try finding the tickets.db in a recently backed up SysNAND image and then reinject it in [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/dbs directory in GodMode9.

Unless you don't care about your saves, reinstalling *.cia will delete that game's save data.

cibernetico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello again,
I don't care about my save games as i played mostly fighting games. Anyway, my sd card is full with previous data. Should i delete everything from Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/ and reinstall what cias i want to?

Many thanks as always

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The proper way to deleting games is:
  • FBI → Titles → <Name of your Game or its Title ID> → Delete Title And Ticket
This will free up space on the card and keep track of what's what in your inventory.

If you delete the Nintendo 3DS folder, you'll leave behind orphaned tickets that'll pollute your Titles list. This makes it messy keeping track of what games you have installed and which ones you don't.

There's a way to delete all unused tickets, but that's a scorch earth policy if you have another SD card with a second set of games.

BaSilex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, I have the same error but it's when I am trying to launch Mario Kart 7 (on a cartridge).
So I wanted to mod on Mario Kart 7 and so I installed BootNTRSelector, and added OnionFS plugin to it. Then I installed a mod, I went on the game and it worked, I played a bit and then stopped. Today I started modifying the files more. I launched BootNTR (3.6) and then MK7 mid-way through my modding to see if it was working, the mods didn't work the first time so I just stopped my 3DS, and did it again. That time the mods worked, but I still had work to do on it so I got back onto the pc. And then when I finished it, I launched BootNTR, MK7 and the error showed up. I tried booting NTR and the game without the last part of the mods I added and it didn't work. I tried re-installing BootNTRSelector and it didn't work.

What should I do ? I'm pretty sure the mods I added have nothing to do about it since it's pretty much just a modification of the game files.

I have Luma3DS v9.1 btw.

Last edited by BaSilex,

Davekrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But what to do if it happens during playing an OG cartridge? I can't find an option to import a seed for that in FBI.

Captain_Falcone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue and user Giodude (on another post) suggested placing boot.3dsx in the root folder of the SD Card. Hope that helps. It may also be another missing file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1