SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just complete more then 300 OTPLess.

With 1 brick.
That's still 0,003% to 0% with ctrnandtransfer. Not saying OTPless is very risky, but I preferred the save route, even if it takes a bit longer. I don't want my console being one of that 0,003% bricked for reasons no one really knows.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well that's kind of true. I just hope someday, someone will find the issue causing the bricks. And another arm9 kernel vuln, so we don't even have to downgrade to 9.2
I alredy bricked 3 console at all

1 was in 2.1 when browser didn't work. Even i restored nand backup with hard mod. Updated and tried again and again always end with browser not working.

Another one cant downgrade. Always brick trying downgrade.

Maybe some consoles comes with failure softwares or bad corrupted variations of nands. Matter of luck

I dont know how explain better i dont speak english very well

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I done the otpless when it first drop and made it without a brick. Then saw it had problems so a few weeks later when i did my girls n3ds i did the normal way. and its not really that bad.
The guide is on point. Just read ahead before doing each step and you can knock it out pretty fast.
And best to be on 9.2 ofw.
Your need to downgrade to it in the guide and its more open then other version.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You'd still need khax to run the installer. So this wouldn't be possible on 11.2. Correct aside from latest FW.
you need to have custom code running on the arm9.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the installer only needs a direct NAND access (khax, DSiWarehax or hardmod provide it). Can anyone confirm that?
it needs full arm9 memory access and other stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sure, NAND access. If you have a second, modded 3DS, sure, you can use DSiWarehax and use the otp.bin to shorten your steps. If you just have one 3DS, then you need a khax exploit, which were all patched in 11.2 (all known ones anyways). The only known exploit in 11.2 is a really bad userland hack that can takes weeks+ to run.

Hardmod you can extract your NAND. You still can't browse it without xorpads. So you'd still have to do the firm injection, write that image to your NAND, then continue from there. You can shorten steps by having your OTP.bin, but I don't think you can get around replacing firms if you're on 11.2.
veryslowpidhax is a k11 exploit that doesn't even allow code exec under k11. useless.
plus you need more than k11hax for otpless k9lh.

Last edited by Mrrraou,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's still 0,003% to 0% with ctrnandtransfer. Not saying OTPless is very risky, but I preferred the save route, even if it takes a bit longer. I don't want my console being one of that 0,003% bricked for reasons no one really knows.
1 in 300 is 0.3%, not 0.003%.

Even still, there were way more reports of random OTPless bricks than people bricking during 2.1 downgrade. It is what it is.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s