Amptør Daniel B.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Bush? They're about as alternative as Enya.

I did like that Greedy Fly song, though it was generic Nirvana lite.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Veho said:
Do you know anyone who listens to Enya?
Er...yo...
shy.gif

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Were The Rentals alternative? I liked them, but never knew an irl person who did.

EDIT: Sorry Warner Brothers fails by deleting all Rentals videos except this, and then makes embedding illegal.

Llama Riot

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well what I call alternitive is really just a wide range of modern rock from the 90's, not the actual definition of "alternitive" more like: grunge, alternitive, pop punk, etc. that has a 90's style too it. Never heard the rentals,
yay.gif
thanks for that

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is people like this that make me wish that this forum would stop hiring people for board positions who threadcrap and disrespect people and their taste. And look now at that one guy called JPH got himself banned for the umpteenth time and he probably still hangs around the wrong people. He will find out for himself at some point.

And all I can really say to this is that is an absurd thing to say. Rock and roll comes in waves every 10 years. It is pretty apparant that the 50s were good, 60s were mediocre at best, 70s were good, 80s were almost piss poor, 90s were fantastic and awesome, 2000's were exactly piss poor only having what maybe just one good band? My Chemical Romance and it was only one album that was good the rest was just so-so non catchy garage rock.

Now, do we really sit around listening to 60s and 80s music all the time? that would drive me insane. Sure The Beatles is an iconic band but it isn't entirely for me. I actually liked the music more that came out of their band members after they split. And 80s music i can't listen to duran duran and billy idol all day. Although those are good bands, it would make me very sick to my stomache.

I remember when, in the 90s, new hard rock was coming out every week. It was a huge trip and made life worth enjoying and living long. I miss those days but look at us now we are at 2010 there is good music coming this decade as history has shown in the past. We are at the up swing of the wave now. When all the Muse and Franz Ferdinand clones fade away, we're going to see some good stuff coming up just watch.

Anyway, you don't like the music, then go to another thread and post.

I also noticed your post count is lower than mine and I hadn't been to this forum in possibly well over a year. You got some catchin up to do with forum regulars I'd have to say.

DeltaBurnt said:
50s through 80s music is way better than all of the 90s music.

Gbatemp, I am dissapoint.

ngbbs4ae2d79d92aab.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?