Homebrew Question Amiibo Emulation - Never used Amiibos before!!!

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely new to Amiibo emulation. I use N3DS and Switch, what's the cheapest and best way to emulate Amiibos? I see the N2 holds 200 entries, but you don't know which one is switch sine the button just switches until you come across the correct one you want. I do have some ntag215 coming Tuesday which I can try out.

Is there something better for me to buy where I can having something similar to the N2 but not at that price?

I don't own any NFC writers at present so will be using a somewhat "spare" android phone I have access to at present.

Spent £9 on some tags. I don't want to keep really want to invest anymore unless there is a permanent solution since I've NEVER EVER used an amiibo before...

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
The easiest way is what you are already doing, using Ntag215 tags. I'm not sure what you mean by a permanent solution, flashing a tag is permanent. Once you flash an Amiibo to an Ntag215 tag, that tag is that Amiibo forever.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way is what you are already doing, using Ntag215 tags. I'm not sure what you mean by a permanent solution, flashing a tag is permanent. Once you flash an Amiibo to an Ntag215 tag, that tag is that Amiibo forever.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Once I import a character the first time in to a game, is the character permanently imported? or do I have to scan every time?

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply.

Once I import a character the first time in to a game, is the character permanently imported? or do I have to scan every time?

How it behaves in game depends on the game and how it uses the Amiibo's. Some you just scan it once and it unlocks stuff in game. Others such as breath of the wild you can scan them in once per day to get new items, or to re-summon wolf link,etc.

Reactions: jellybeangreen2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: