- Joined
- Nov 17, 2008
- Messages
- 19,315
- Solutions
- 6
- Reaction score
- 34,524
- Trophies
- 3
- Website
- defaultdnb.github.io
- XP
- 42,104
- Country

Hey GBATempers!
I recently got working on a little project that I thought might be useful for fellow collectors: an Unofficial Amiibo Collectors Companion for PC. I wanted to make a thread here (and on other sites) to get some outside ideas and perspective before putting out the first version of the complied App.
Basically this allows you to view your collection on your desktop without having to get them all out to view them (boxed or unboxed). It creates a config file on first boot and stores your info in a tiny txt file at the root of the app. When you start the app and the config is found the app imports the data and allows you to continue collecting. Its a simple interface, click or left/right arrow to flick through 58 known amiibo's (to date). More Amiibos and features will be added in future updates (I have had to comment a few features out for my current build to get it 100% ready).
Features:
[+] Music and announcer sfx for each character borrowed from Smash Bros U (props to Crediar)
[+] Blurb per character from Nintendos official Amiibo store.
[+] Quick ticks to see who's missing from the flow.
[+] HQ artwork from Nintendos official store (temp artwork is in place until Nintendo update their store on release dates)
Planned:
[+] Favorites view (and possibly other view configurations: removed from this version)
[+] Game compatibility chart (created but has been commented out for now)
[+] Simple animations for flicking through (does it need it?)
Requested:
[+] Any feed back welcomed!
[+] So far I have had no testers other than my self to play with this, so would be good to have some perspective on this.
The release date was meant to be this week, but it looks like it could be next month at the rate I am lacking time right now.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to any constructive comments you may have!
DEFAULTDNB (KiiWii)
I recently got working on a little project that I thought might be useful for fellow collectors: an Unofficial Amiibo Collectors Companion for PC. I wanted to make a thread here (and on other sites) to get some outside ideas and perspective before putting out the first version of the complied App.
Basically this allows you to view your collection on your desktop without having to get them all out to view them (boxed or unboxed). It creates a config file on first boot and stores your info in a tiny txt file at the root of the app. When you start the app and the config is found the app imports the data and allows you to continue collecting. Its a simple interface, click or left/right arrow to flick through 58 known amiibo's (to date). More Amiibos and features will be added in future updates (I have had to comment a few features out for my current build to get it 100% ready).
Features:
[+] Music and announcer sfx for each character borrowed from Smash Bros U (props to Crediar)
[+] Blurb per character from Nintendos official Amiibo store.
[+] Quick ticks to see who's missing from the flow.
[+] HQ artwork from Nintendos official store (temp artwork is in place until Nintendo update their store on release dates)
Planned:
[+] Favorites view (and possibly other view configurations: removed from this version)
[+] Game compatibility chart (created but has been commented out for now)
[+] Simple animations for flicking through (does it need it?)
Requested:
[+] Any feed back welcomed!
[+] So far I have had no testers other than my self to play with this, so would be good to have some perspective on this.
The release date was meant to be this week, but it looks like it could be next month at the rate I am lacking time right now.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to any constructive comments you may have!
DEFAULTDNB (KiiWii)






