OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys. I'm buying an ambassador 3DS. I was wondering what would happen if I decided to transfer all those ambassador games to my 3DS XL. Would my pre-exsisting VC games (On the XL), and my save files get destroyed in the system transfer? And my normal Cartridge games would still keep their save files, right?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The cartridge saves will always be fine. What I recommend(which is kinda annoying) to transfer to the ambassador 3DS first and then back to your XL. That will leave your saves from your existing VC as it was.(it'll cost you a transfer though)

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
yes a system transfer destroys all files on the previous system and replaces it entirely with the transfered files.
cartridges saves stay of course but most games save to SD and that file system gets transfered as well. but AFAIK tehre is a save transfer tool, not sure how that works though...

Reactions: Chary

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did a system transfer 2 days ago when buying my 3DSXL. I transfered from 3DS with ambassador to 3DS XL.

Cartridge saves are on the cartridge. No save loss here. The 3DS transfered games to the 3DS XL, but it does not completely overwrite : it's a fusion with the receiving 3DS. If things are missing, you can download them again from eShop. At least, that's what the FAQ on Nintendo site said. And i still have ambassador status on my XL.

Just remember after transfer to copy content from the 2go SD card to the 4Go. For the added space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1