Amazon Order Delayed

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Puppy_Washer, Mar 29, 2011.

Mar 29, 2011

Amazon Order Delayed by Puppy_Washer at 11:18 AM (2,665 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Puppy_Washer
    OP

Member Puppy_Washer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    My order from Amazon US shipped yesterday, however I recieved a message from Amazon stated that "due to events beyond our control, your package may be delayed by 1 - 2 days. UPS will deliver the package as soon as possible. We're very sorry about this unavoidable delay and we appreciate your patience".

Has anybody else recieved a similar message?

UPS tracking states that "The package is delayed at the origin hub. / Forwarded to the facility in the destination city".

I heard that Amazon screwed over the UK with their deliveries, just seeing if this is similar in any way.

2. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    The only issue I've had with Amazon is that they are not able to deliver my copy of Samurai Warriors Chronicles... So I just canceled the order and ordered it elsewhere. Well... FINALLY it'll arrive here tomorrow. Been pissed enough already.

3. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Should have just pre-ordered it in a store man

4. Joanified

Newcomer Joanified Member

Singapore
    my screen protector was delayed. so I cancelled it.

5. Puppy_Washer
    OP

Australia
    I kinda like saving $150 on the total of my 3DS and 2 games.

6. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia

Didn't know you could save that much. I'm still happy with 298 for the console. Looks like i'll have it before you and i'm too excited to wait any longer [​IMG]

7. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    No problems here in the US, it's listed as being at the hub about 45 mins from here in the tracking data. So it should be here today sometime.

I agree, ordering at Amazon was an awesome deal though, worth the slight wait. System + 4 games for $345. Since I didn't have to pay tax or shipping (free prime) I saved 90$.

8. Oceanborn712

Member Oceanborn712 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Well I didn't get a message from Amazon, but in the UPS order tracking it says delayed.

edit: Just checked Amazon and it still says Delivery Estimate: March 30, 2011

9. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    There are no shortages where I live. 3 stores had a dozen or more on Sunday when I went curiously looking. Still havent purchased as no good games are out yet, in my opinion.

10. Oceanborn712

Germany
    It's not about shortages though. Apparently there was something on UPS's side. My order arrived at UPS in Newark and then got delayed, a few hours later.

11. donelwero

Member donelwero GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    The same happened to me. It got to Newark, DE yesterday and a few hours later: The package is delayed at the origin hub. It's been like that since. It may be something with the hub there, maybe the packages are moving and their tracking system is just fubared.

12. donelwero

Member donelwero GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I wrote to UPS regarding the Delayed at the origin hub...

Here's their answer:

Code:
    Thank you for your inquiry. Due to a temporary technical complication, some packages were unable to be processed in parts of our transportation network. The issue has since been resolved; however, a number of International (import and export) packages may experience a maximum transit time delay of one day.
    Yeah right... pure BS.

13. Oceanborn712

Germany
    Oh the fun. Already waiting longer for the American 3DS because of the stupid region lock and then this crap =.=

14. Puppy_Washer
    OP

Australia
    On the other hand, I just got $45 worth of credit towards a 3DS game, and a free accessory! Free 3DS game, woohoo!

15. Chhotu uttam

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    hey thats good

16. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wait yours got delayed? Mine had said it was shipping the 29th and arriving april 4th.Instead it got shipped sunday the 27th at 4 am and its getting to me 2morrow [​IMG]

17. Oceanborn712

Germany
    You're in the US though. There probably is something going on at the airport, as Google is full with older reports about oversea flights being delayed/canceled due to suspicious packages or terrism stuff in Newark.

Update: Just after I wrote this I got an email from UPS saying it's on it's way again. Actually it's been traveling again since yesterday evening and arrived in Germany this morning already [​IMG] I have no experience with UPS so far but it seems my 3DS could actually arrive this evening or tomorrow morning =)

Edit: Or not... Seems like I misunderstood the Cologne Entry, because a few minutes later there's an entry from Philadelphia o.O