MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And who knows how long the Epic Game Store will last regardless of always giving free games.
Yeah, one thing I've always hated was companies realizing their platform's success is great, so they offshoot their own platform and leave Steam/Netflix to make their own service, fragmenting everything again. Steam and Netflix were perfect as umbrella service platforms for gaming and streaming, until this bullshit happened. Now everyone got greedy and wants a slice of the action.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No, I torrent MKV files and watch them on Kodi... :P
Fair enough. I often forget most people don't watch movies at their PC like I do. I'm setup.with a 42" 4K TV as my computer monitor be a use of Photoshop and CAD work. But it has HDR and watching movies on it is almost like having a personal theater in my home.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly use Kodi cause it works well on the firesticks, and I have 4 of them in my house, all reading from a NAS drive. But yeah on Pc VLC is better.

Reactions: eternal

Dust2dust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fair enough. I often forget most people don't watch movies at their PC like I do. I'm setup.with a 42" 4K TV as my computer monitor be a use of Photoshop and CAD work. But it has HDR and watching movies on it is almost like having a personal theater in my home.

I mostly use Kodi cause it works well on the firesticks, and I have 4 of them in my house, all reading from a NAS drive. But yeah on Pc VLC is better.
VLC running on a PC can stream a movie to the firestick. I've done it before, and it worked, but it had some issues when I tried to pause and restart a movie, not the best experience. Better to just run it locally on the computer.

Reactions: BigOnYa

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never done a subscription except Xbox Live and PSN about 10 years ago. Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything either.
I've always been under the thought process that you should "support" those you agree with and want to see more of especially in the game space.
Ive personally done netflix and amazon, but after the ads... "we will do! (netflix)", and crazy amazon pricing?
I agree going back to subscription FREE is the way to go. Especially if you can do plex. I mean fudge, even tubi is free (with advertisements), and their catalogue is not that good but definitely watchable with hidden gems.

Im not a business graduate, but after working in more than a few corporate spaces, Im always surprised at how CEOs of companies are happy to make a billion dollars a year or more/less, and they dont do more for the world in general, its still a dragons hoard. But then they are also not willing to pay their workers more or invest their money into the business to make it better for the customer and their employees.
Surely there's got to be a way to make money for the company, the original shareholderss, and the workers who are actually doing the work?

Yes I will agree you need financiers for the beginning to get your company off the ground, but after it's made money continuously and those same shareholders are making money (hand over fist)...why are they so greedy?!

Human dragons are the worse.

All this to say, you damn right Amazon is getting greedy. :rofl: :teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whz_uXY2xFw