Feedback Homebrew Misc Am I Crazy Or Was This Always A Thing?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rinnegatamante is a great developer, but I will say that he has drawn himself into plenty of drama, like the time when rumours circulated about him stealing source code from other developers he lost his shit on X.

No offense to him personally, but I really enjoy his ports of games such as Quake. :P

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
First time I see it and have been following since the first android ports, really weird thing to need
Edit: Ok, seems like in the future some games will use a specific module that those games have, so you will need only 1 of them in order to extract it and that's it

Reactions: SylverReZ

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time I see it and have been following since the first android ports, really weird thing to need
Edit: Ok, seems like in the future some games will use a specific module that those games have, so you will need only 1 of them in order to extract it and that's it
I bet the one of the new android ports is Duck Soul...

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I bet the one of the new android ports is Duck Soul...
I never know what game gets ported, like for example last week I was surprised seeing Soul Calibur, had to look twice at the tittle. They have a list of games that could be ported but it depends on them. Still, to this day it impresses me how much they done and the effort in porting things, if I remember right rinnegatamante was even working on a desmume port for the vita, albeit slow it could still get audio and get 23-25 fps in ace attorney. It's mindblowing, here's a video from rinnegatamante

I hope he will still work on it, it would be an incredible feat to emulate ds on a vita

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never know what game gets ported, like for example last week I was surprised seeing Soul Calibur, had to look twice at the tittle. They have a list of games that could be ported but it depends on them. Still, to this day it impresses me how much they done and the effort in porting things, if I remember right rinnegatamante was even working on a desmume port for the vita, albeit slow it could still get audio and get 23-25 fps in ace attorney. It's mindblowing, here's a video from rinnegatamante

I hope he will still work on it, it would be an incredible feat to emulate ds on a vita

I said Duck Soul because those people also made Legend of the Skyfish. Maybe someone should tell rinne to stop porting android games for now and work on the desmume port.:D

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I said Duck Soul because those people also made Legend of the Skyfish. Maybe someone should tell rinne to stop porting android games for now and work on the desmume port.:D
Nah, let him do what he wants, since I'm not much of a fan of indie games/smaller games I didn't even know any of them before this thread

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ SylverReZ :
the drama was just shit talk and miss information.

@ zekro94 :
I am unsure, there was last year a update for Noods NDS emulation, its great working without texture errors in fullscreen mode, but only 10fps or so and unplayable. this would be a great highlight playing NDS zelda or metroid or dementium on the Vita. Otherwise a new N64 emulator would be also great with differently compatible mode. or 3DO standalone emu. RetroArch was working on JAV JAR java motorola emulator, but still not working and would love it to get it from rinne he know how to do it.

@ PacBunnyXV07 : what ever rinne do, its great 'A' stuff.

@ rinne : just thank you, you surprise me always.

happy gaming night to all !

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
@ SylverReZ :
the drama was just shit talk and miss information.

@ zekro94 :
I am unsure, there was last year a update for Noods NDS emulation, its great working without texture errors in fullscreen mode, but only 10fps or so and unplayable. this would be a great highlight playing NDS zelda or metroid or dementium on the Vita. Otherwise a new N64 emulator would be also great with differently compatible mode. or 3DO standalone emu. RetroArch was working on JAV JAR java motorola emulator, but still not working and would love it to get it from rinne he know how to do it.

@ PacBunnyXV07 : what ever rinne do, its great 'A' stuff.

@ rinne : just thank you, you surprise me always.

happy gaming night to all !
I still have noods installed and find the whole namimg wholesome (for anyone who doesn't know, noodle is the pet snake the author of that emulator has) I was hoping he would continue the project but I didn't see any news lately. Rinne was also working on flycast vita if I remember right, man, the things that vita can do impresses me

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ PacBunny :

There is a reason for this game Ports, its for FMOD Ports.
WITHOUT its not possible to play the new Android Port Geometry Dash Vita v.1.0 from hatoving.
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/1177

Its also based on the new project from gl33ntwine, soloader-boilerplate, for TheFloW's so-loader to save time on common project setup for Android to Vita ports.

How to get the FMOD .suprx files for PS Vita homebrew ports.

- Legally obtain one of these games. It doesn't matter which one you pick; all of them should work fine.
PCSE01426
PCSE01188
PCSE01010
- Install (if you haven't already) and open up FAGDec via VitaShell.
- Scroll down to and select the game you installed (for example, PCSE01188 = I Am The Hero.)
- Let it finish looking for the modules and select the following with X: libfmodstudio.suprx, libc.suprx and libfios2.suprx.
- Press O to go back to the main menu, press START and select START DECRYPT (SELF) to start the decrypting process with START.
- Once it's finished (indicated by the [!] Done message in the log), open up VitaShell and go to the path where the decrytped plugins are located. You can find it by scrolling a bit by the log messages; there should be a log that goes something like: Outpath: (PATH HERE.) (Tip: hold down left/right to see a full view of either list if you can't see the full path.)
- In VitaShell, there should be these files called libfmodstudio.suprx, libfios2.suprx and libc.suprx. Copy those files and place them in ur0:data/.
- Congrats; you got FMOD Studio on your Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...