1. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So I'm in the middle of setting up emunand on my switch lite.
    I've set up hidden partition on the 128gb sd card, not totally clear on what that is hiding?
    Is it advised to use two sd cards, one for online use, one for offline?
    Thanks

2. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The hidden partition is the actual emunand. A partition that is not readable by windows that acts like the 32gb nand of your switch. It's hidden to allow you to format the regular partition (the rest of the card) without having to move the emunand files back and forth. It's not hiding anything from Nintendo.

You can you two cards, or not. It doesn't matter. Nintendo does not scan sd cards.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

lpoolm likes this.
  3. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    I assume you are using Hekate. The hiding 32GB partitios will contain the actual emunand. The rest of the space, the "redable partition", will be use to contain all the needed files plus your homebrew and installed XCI/NSP/NSZ games.
    Swapping between cards can become a real pain in the ass really quickly, so I suggest you to stick to only one and put everything there.

lpoolm likes this.
  4. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Realistically it shouldnt matter, at this point even a hidden partition is unnecessary.
    People have used emunand on single sd cards and as files for years(no hidden partition).
    Unless you believe nintendo would start scanning the contents of your sd card(which falls into the highly illegal side of the law),
    You won’t get banned if you use it correctly.

lpoolm likes this.
  5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Why make life more complicated with another SD card?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emunand, using, using