Alternative Switch Pro Controller

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Wolfy, Aug 12, 2018.

?
  1. Yup, it's amazing.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Meh

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Wolfy
    OP

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    Found this little gem while browsing Youtube, normally wouldn't have even looked into getting a 3rd-party controller for the Switch since there's been only controllers with basic input support. No gyro, rumble, or wireless connectivity,

Oh but this, ho ho. This has the good stuff( except NFC support but meh it's cool ), gyro support, Rumble( non-HD ), and it's wireless. So I was on board, but then I thought that with all the features it's probably also in the expensive range.

So I looked up the price................................................$27............*instant buy* Been using it for a good two weeks and haven't had any issues. It's been honestly a great experience for such a cheap price! ^_^

Source:

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Might buy for a cheap player 2, but it's really not for me without ALL the features the pro can offer.

3. JamesNaruto12

JamesNaruto12 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    They are good controllers.

Last edited by JamesNaruto12, Aug 12, 2018
  4. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    Are you on Switch firmware 5.x.x?
    Or are you using a lower firmware version e.g. 4.1.0?

I was also interested in buying a similar controller (JYS), and found this info after doing a bit of "pre-buying" research:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...unofficial_controllers_no_longer_work_due_to/

Seems a lot of these stopped working with the 5.0.0 update, BUT some of the manufacturers have released "fixes" which are firmware you can flash the controller with. Might be useful info to know for anyone wanting to buy one of these.

thorasgar likes this.
  5. JamesNaruto12

JamesNaruto12 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
  6. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
    You can get 2of them on wish for 20eu

7. Wolfy
    OP

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    Wouldn't trust anything functional from Wish, their cheap and that's how most of their stuff is, especially there 'graphics cards' and flash drives which are usually crapo.

Honestly I'm on the latest update and have had no issues with mine. Haven't needed to flash it with any updates since there weren't any problems :)