alternative for m3real software

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by downset, Feb 1, 2008.

Feb 1, 2008
  1. downset
    OP

Newcomer downset Member

Belgium
    hello,

i used to have a M3 Simply DS and loved it, turn it on, select the game and play

then i bought the m3 DS real so i could use it with a 8gb card and i just hate the loader, it has too many icons, it always gives the cheats screen when i select a game, it just gives way too many options i don't need

is there a simple alternative that just gives me a list of my games and starts the game if i select it?

thanks for any info

2. chr0m

Member chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I want the same.
    The M3 DS Real software is horrible, the only thing it has going for it is that it supports SDHC.
    I'd love to have the Simply software on an SDHC card.

3. naes

Member naes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could set it so it launches to the DS game menu.

4. chr0m

Australia
    That doesn't get around the fact that it shows all icons on the menu at once so scrolling is horribly slow.
    The whole menu system is awful, give me the R4/Simply any day.
    Just tried Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow on mine and the video is horrible too. Wish I'd stuck with the Simply now, if only it supported bigger MicroSDs.

5. naes

United States
    What kind of SD card do you have? What model of the M3 Real do you have? Mine has no lagging whatsoever when I scroll through the games (about 70 DS games) and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow plays the videos perfectly.

You may have a bad ROM.

6. chr0m

Australia
    I have a 4GB Kingston SDHC (Class4) and a 2GB Sandisk (Non SDHC)
    The Castlevania video runs terribly on both.

The same 2GB Sandisk in my M3 DS Simply runs the Castlevania video perfectly.

How are people formatting their cards? I have tried various allocation unit sizes at both FAT and FAT32 and it makes no difference on my Real. Is it faulty?

7. Xuio

Member Xuio GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    I have 6gb sandisk (class4) and 2gb sandisk and on both DoS intro lags as hell. On the same 2gb card with m3 lite - it runs without any problems.

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Well, there's a built in mini loader for the G6 Real, if you delete your system folder completely - its just a simple list.

For my G6 Real though, In the /system/ folder there is a boot.ini, and in there is a line that says:

Code:
    [DirectRun]=
    I assume you can put dsorganize.nds and it will automatically load ds organize, not the menu but I am not certain - it may even have to be in the nds folder or something, just try to play with that file.

9. BinarySoup

Newcomer BinarySoup Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    the OP is using the M3DSReal though. as far as i know, no such functionality exists for us M3DSReal users.

would be happy to be shown otherwise though. [​IMG]

10. naes

United States
    I thought the M3DSReal is almost identical to the G6DSReal

11. chr0m

Australia
    Yeah, it sucks. I've stopped using the Real now, gonna try and sell it.
    The Simply is much better for me when playing roms and that is all I want it for.
    I tried Meteos on the Real and there are little subtle slowdowns and music pauses in the menus which I don't get on the Simply either.
    The DS boots up much faster with the Simply and the roms load faster too and the menu is so much faster to navigate.

Maybe I need to buy a specific expensive Class 6 SDHC, but I'll pass because the Simply worked great with any old cheap MicroSD so the Real should be able to do the same.

12. naes

United States
    My 4GB Class 6 was only $30 USD. That's as much as a new DS game...

13. chr0m

Australia
    Yeah, but I'm not spending any more money on this Real, what's to say that a Class 6 card will do the job for me?

14. naes

United States
    Well, just get a CycloDS Evolution then.

15. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Well, if you just checked the firmware for it, you may have not seen it. It gets automatically generated after you boot the card I think.

16. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    Funny enough I was using a 6gb san disk and it was laggy and slow. I changed it to an 8gb sandisk and the menu is alot faster. Now this could be for one of 2 reasons, either the 8gb internally works different or the copying of files from my 6 to my PC and then to my 8 has defragmented the files. I would test but I had to use my 6 for my phone so I cant.

Maybe someone should try copying them off, re-formatting the card and adding them back to see if its any faster.

Worth a try.

17. gcstr

Newcomer gcstr Advanced Member

Australia
    Would this be the same as just choosing the option for M3dsReal to start in the games list and not use the front menu?