OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have two question..

1)Should I get a Itune alternative...Is there like a really good program out there that can completely blow itunes out the water (or something that may help my netbook run faster). I never did like itunes and I just found out there are alternatives.
EDIT-If it matters I have a 1st gen iphone

2)So my netbook has been running tooo slow as of late so any tips anyone can share for picking up the speed? I'm bout to get CCleaner like on site suggested and I'm bout to moves some files just sitting on my drive to my external, but any other tips would help or alternatives for certain programs
EDIT-I have an Acer Aspire One with Windows 7 starter if it matters....my dad has a CD with home edition if installing it would help

Thank anyone in advance for any help...It's greatly appreciate.

D

Deleted User

See how much RAM your netbook supports, if it currently only has 1GB upgrade it to 2GB, it's a cheap upgrade. Check newegg.
CCleaner is a good program, however, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is a bit more effective, use both.

As far as itunes alternatives, MediaMonkey/WinAmp.
Running Ubuntu is also a good idea on low-spec notebooks, a dual-boot might work well if you still need windows for some reason
tongue.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Remember the start up programs; remove any you don't need/don't want

I remember going on my mums computer, it took 10mins to fully boot up to a usable state it had that much crap on it.

D

Deleted User

Ubuntu is a linux distro. It's an alternative, open-source Operating System compared to MacOSX and Windows. It's completely free and is fairly user-friendly.
Just looked around, it's quite possible you only have 512MB of RAM, in which case you should definitely look around and see if you can expand it to 1GB or 2.

Thing about Ubuntu... You don't necessarily need to "Change" the OS, but you can divide your HDD into two separate parts (partitions). Then when you boot up
your computer you just select which OS you want to use.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning off theme, that should give you a good boost since your netbook doesn't have a GPU. For an alternate iPod Manager I'd probably suggest Winamp.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Run
Type in services.msc
Scroll all the way down till you see themes
Double click it and set it for Automatic to Disable
Apply then hit stop.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for the help...i did the ccleaner and it is noticeable faster and i uninstalled some programs and moved a lot of things to my external. Now if I get this mediamonkey program do I have to resync my entire library or what.....cause most of my songs are on my external and that would mean id have to have it hooked in the entire time.

EDIT
OMG!!! MediaMonkey works like a freaking charm...it works like i think itunes should. I should have uninstalled itunes and used this a LOONG time ago. I alo found a way to install my .ipa apps and do ringtones...so I can say as far as my iphone is concerned ive definitely made my netbook faster

D

Deleted User

Glad you liked it, it's one of the better alternatives I found while looking a while back. WinAmp is nice for skins too, really customizable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a