Hacking Already banned. How to enter DevMenu without Pokemon Quest?

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
i use south park xci, I got the devmenu files from one of venoms releases the game was ACA NEOGEO Aero Fighters 2 NSW-VENOM - 101.97 MB

Put the folder sxos on the root of sdcard

eShop .nsp Install Instructions/Example at current state of the art |
| |
| Requirements: You have 2 options installing our eShop releases |
| 1) Pokemon Quest from eShop (free!) using official firmware |
| 2) South Park: The Fractured But Whole (.xci release by BigBlueBox) |
| Boot into your licensed SX OS v1.3 custom firmware. |
| Unzip devmenu.zip (included) to the root of your SD card |
| Run Pokemon Quest / or / South Park to start DevMenu. |
| Install from SD: select our .nsp package |
| Exit game or restart SX OS. Start new game icon and enjoy playing! |
| Online access to game updates currently possible (even banned ones) |
| For complete offline installation use the South Park method. |
| |
| Note: other games from your library may work as replacement |
| if you adjust the DevMenu on SD card with other Title ID |
: Maybe next time you can naturally load the .nsp from SX OS

Reactions: tatumanu

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually want to find a game xci or nsp that can load this easy too, but not becasue I don't have pokemon quest, because I want to play pokemon quest. I wonder if there is a small(mB) game that I can find on CDNsp and used layerfs to load dev menu. Hopefully someone will bundle devmenu as an nsp it self soon
Using pokemon quest for devmenu doesn't stop you playing it.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@quantumboy This is how you could get Pokemon Quest without DevMenu. The tradeoff is that you have to be on the latest firmware as well as risk a ban when you use eXhop. But it is doable, both on CFW or OFW.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-games-after-being-banned.510316/
Thanks, but I already have pokemon quest I think the idea I have is a bit different from the OP's. I was wondering what might be the smallest nsp or xci game I could find that still can run dev menu under layeredFS, but is also a game I probobly don't care to play, or at least not much

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
If you already purchased Pokemon quest (and deleted before the ban) download exhop is the easiest and most straight forward method

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I already have pokemon quest I think the idea I have is a bit different from the OP's. I was wondering what might be the smallest nsp or xci game I could find that still can run dev menu under layeredFS, but is also a game I probobly don't care to play, or at least not much
Working donors so far include Pokemon Quest, Bayonetta, and Super Mario Odyssey. No one has else reported success with any other games. You are free to try any other titles if you can manage to get them working, but this is what we know works so far.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working donors so far include Pokemon Quest, Bayonetta, and Super Mario Odyssey. No one has else reported success with any other games. You are free to try any other titles if you can manage to get them working, but this is what we know works so far.
will do, if i find one i will report it

Reactions: Draxzelex

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can purchase Pokemon Quest (Demo) on the Nintendo site, then download with eXhop to your switch.
Due to ban it wont download itself automatically but exhop can do that for you.+

Doubt Nintendo is allowed to prevent you from downloading your purchased games, no matter if you hacked the console or not.
I would ask them for refund for every game I bought in their shop. Will see if lawsuits will pop up soon.

Last edited by QRC,

NemoKOF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's pretty easy to change title id in DevMenu. I use MegaMan Collection trimmed XCI which is 730mb as Bayonetta is 9 gb and I have it bought already. I don't plan to play MegaMan so it fits me perfectly.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A true comedian.

The Bayonetta method works fine btw. Cheers.
what if you also want to play bayonetta?
can you install 2 copied one with devmen and one normal? or would you need to keep uninstalling and reinstalling to switch between devmen and bayonetta?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay