Hacking Alphabetizing PS Vita's PSP Games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an app or a way to do this? I've been using psp filer which is really time-intensive. I know there's a pc app that does this automatically with the psp, but is there something for the vita? I don't like vhbl and ark being at the bottom of my list. I do like to have both as well as adrenaline. :D

Reactions: ZipMartin

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an app or a way to do this? I've been using psp filer which is really time-intensive. I know there's a pc app that does this automatically with the psp, but is there something for the vita? I don't like vhbl and ark being at the bottom of my list. I do like to have both as well as adrenaline. :D
Adrenaline is a Vita bubble so it can be anywhere u want to move it to on the Vita interface

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used that on the psp, but games on the vita were disorganized. they're the same games too.

edit: maybe I didn't use the app before transferring the games to the vita? I think it's reading the game name, then changing its time stamp. does it work with both iso and eboot games? ark, vhbl, and psp filer are all eboots. I don't remember the name of that app either. I think it can read directly from the psp or maybe it's just the memory stick - I can't remember which it is.

Last edited by godreborn,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I use https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=11319&mcid=1 which lets you sort them manually any way you wish.

EDIT: I used to use PSP content manger (pc program which makes it faster to sort a lot of games) with actual PSPs, but I dont believe adrenaline supports usb connection (with ux0:Pspemu being the root of the drive mounted on pc) does it? Don't think I've ever tested.

Last edited by Count Duckula,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=11319&mcid=1 which lets you sort them manually any way you wish.

EDIT: I used to use PSP content manger (pc program which makes it faster to sort a lot of games) with actual PSPs, but I dont believe adrenaline supports usb connection (with ux0:Pspemu being the root of the drive mounted on pc) does it? Don't think I've ever tested.

I remember an app like this. it doesn't have you sort by time stamp like psp filer, does it? is this the app that you can easily shuffle games?

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also new to the PS Vita and Adrenaline. Like the topic creator the PSP and Psone titles and names are all other the place. Where do I install hbsorter_GUI_beta4? Is it simple to use?

Thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm also new to the PS Vita and Adrenaline. Like the topic creator the PSP and Psone titles and names are all other the place. Where do I install hbsorter_GUI_beta4? Is it simple to use?

Thanks

Code:
Download, extract the hbsorter_GUI_beta4.rar file I linked to.
Use vitashell to copy the hbsorter folder to ux0:pspemu/psp/game (to create ux0:pspemu/psp/game/hbsorter/eboot.pbp)

Open adrenaline, run the app from the game list like any other psp game/homebrew.
Within the app sort the game list, press start to save the sort order.

When you quit back to XMB the game list will be sorted.

Last edited by Count Duckula,

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
Copy the hbsorter folder to ux0:pspemu/psp/game (to create ux0:pspemu/psp/game/hbsorter/eboot.pbp)

Open adrenaline, run the app from the game list like any other psp game/homebrew.

You sir are a star. Thank you:bow:

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
Use vitashell to copy the hbsorter folder to ux0:pspemu/psp/game (to create ux0:pspemu/psp/game/hbsorter/eboot.pbp)

It worked a treat. My list is perfect now :yaypsp:

Thank again

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed dlc for a PSP game (Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd) but now in Adrenaline the dlc shows up at the very top like a game (except it's a dlc), if I fire up HomeBrew Sorter to try and reorganize my games the dlc does not show up so now it's stuck at the very first icon on my PSP list... is there a way to fix it?

Edit: Nvm I found a solution...

Custom DLC location You can place your DLC folders in a custom location (useful if you don't want to fill up your XMB menu with content that you are not going to launch). To do this create a file named nploader.ini (or use the file provided) then add/edit the path where you are going to move your DLC folders. Example: ms0:/PSP/DLC The custom DLC location is entirely optional, only copy nploader.ini to your PSP if you are using this feature. Also this option is experimental and could fail in some games. Note: The redirection is only for DLC files, if you have another content that is using the DLC folder (e.g. game updates), then these files must remain in that directory (e.g. the ARC patch files from the LittleBigPlanet update).

Source

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...