All Xbox 360 games (backup and original) doesn't work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by antonkan, Mar 11, 2012.

1. antonkan
    OP

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Hey guys, I'm back at GBAtemp for at least a few months! :yay:

But I have a problem on my Xbox 360; all Xbox 360 games on each disc (whether if it's a backup or original) doesn't work. :( The Xbox LIVE games work fine. That's what I heard from my brother who tested one orginal disc and one backup disc.

It's probably because of the silent dashboard update from 14699 to 14719, causing all orginal and backup discs not recognizing on my Xbox 360 at all; it just kept saying "Open Tray" instead of the game's name on the Xbox dashboard. I really have no idea if there's any solution. :unsure:

On my Xbox 360 (the silm one, don't have the phat one), I have iXtreme LT+ 2.0, and the dasboard is currently 14719.

If there's any help that all original and backup discs to be recognize again on my Xbox 360, that would be gateful. :) Thanks in advance!! :yay:

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Sounds like your DVD drive went bad. Do the games spin at all? Is the power connected 100% to the DVD drive? Sata cable? That type of error usually happens when a different DVD drive is plugged in or when it can't detect a game in it.

3. mado21

Newcomer mado21 Newbie

United Kingdom
    its the laser in your dvd drive thats gone.its not the dash update thats the problem.easy fix just buy a new laser and fit it. heres a guide on how to replace a laser,its for a benq drive but the its the same for all.
    http://evertdekker.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64 make sure you get the right laser for your drive and remove the antistatic solder point on the new laser.

4. antonkan
    OP

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    So that means my Xbox 360 have laser problems, kidna like the PlayStation 2 laser problem. I prefer to send my Xbox 360 to the technicians instead because I'm not allowed to disassemble it.

5. kthnxshwn

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    You're not allowed to disassemble your own 360?

6. mado21

Newcomer mado21 Newbie

United Kingdom
    if you carnt open up your xbox then who flashed your drive?

7. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    If you send it in for repairs it's probably gonna cost a bit seeing how opening your 360 voids the warranty.

8. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Your laser assembly could need some grease in the best scenario.
    Worst case is a drive replacement.

Can you tell me what mfg date your 360 has?

ps.
    You could consider RGHing it and keeping it (or selling) and getting another 360 for Online play.