All ROMs are illegal

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from what i remember of the pirate bay case. the court came to an agreement that the actual data was not illegal, the method of obtaining was. sadly there is no legal way of "obtaining" roms.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mishra said:
from what i remember of the pirate bay case. the court came to an agreement that the actual data was not illegal, the method of obtaining was. sadly there is no legal way of "obtaining" roms.
good. finally someone that knows what they are talking about.

this is true. The act of COPYING whether you own it or not is illegal. The the legality of possession of said files are questionable but copying of the ROM image is strictly against the law.

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
OSHI! really?! and for such a gay sport, lolz

well, Obummer is trying to change the gun laws (2nd amendment) but rewriting the American Constitution is just unbelievably stupid of him. 4 months of him and he's already spend almost as much or more than Bush and barely made an effect... one of the payments was to pay for a rave party of a inauguration with Beyonce and racism.

Nobama got smacked down (they tried some b.s. with disposing of spent military rounds instead of recycling the brass for reloading which would push prices sky-high) and he won't dare push for anything even like Clinton did. He's got enough to worry about on the economic front, plus the Supreme Court just reaffirmed owners rights.

Independently collected statistics show that gun owners are a very responsible group and that they thwart a great deal of crime, usually without shots being fired.

That doesn't stop foreigners from jumping under their table whenever they come across an American quarter with the rifleman on it. Oh well, so be it.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As someone who doesn't, in the traditional sense, "pirate" games, only dumping (or occasionally downloading if dumping proves to be inconvenient) my own games for improved convenience, I can't say I really care on this ooooold ruling. As fast stated, copyright law right now is a fuckpile of a mess, especially when it comes to digital media. The day I get taken to court for what I'm doing is the day I pack up my bags and leave America. That or go on a murderous rampage and kill all as many of you swashbucklers as I can before I get taken out

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem here is that most people don't understand what a copyright is ... so major corporations will use legal jargin to make it seem like what your doing is illegal ....
MPAA, RIAA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY