All games have SAME name

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by alemerson, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

All games have SAME name by alemerson at 3:14 AM (2,128 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. alemerson
    OP

Newcomer alemerson Member

United States
    all of the games ive added so far to my wbsf drive show up perfectly in my manager on my computer, but when i boot into usb loader gx, all of the games have exactly the same name and game code as the most recent one i uploaded. That is problem 1

problem 2 is that when i select a game it gives me a size of the file in GB, but everytime i scroll through the games it gives me different values of GB, so first i see 8.5 GB, but then never again, even if i scroll the 4 games i have on there i never see 8.5 again. ill see 6.5, then 3.4, then 3.6, then 2.5, then 7.3, then 6.2, (always something different) i have no idea why.. (explaination please?)

problem 3 (the biggest problem) is that none of the games work so far. everytime i try to boot into one of the games, i initially got a 002 error. but then i updated to the latest version of usb loader (576 i think) and now i don't get anything but a black screen. I know there are 002 fixes, but i don't understand how it works, and there are so many settings that i don't understand, so that could be the problem

please please please please please, someone take a couple minutes to set me up!!! i would be so appreciative... ive been reading and making attempts for days now.... this is my last ditch effort. I feel happy to have gotten to the point where usb loader even shows up. but i can't get to the final goal even though its in sight!!!

any response would be awesome

thanks,

Andrew

2. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    i have the same issue with every game appearing as wii sports resort but then the loader freezes and dumps a dsi error

3. IceMaN30

Newcomer IceMaN30 Newbie

United States
    I am having the exact same issue. I updated usb loader gx yesterday to rev 567 through the update and everything seemed fine until I was done downloading some covers then I received a boot dump (i didn't have a camera to take a pic) and when I started the loader back up all of my games are now displaying as "Cars". I updated to rev 568 today and the problem is still there. Also when I have my hdd hooked up to my pc with wbfs manager 3.0 all of the games still appear to be there so I'm not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated [​IMG]

Im runnning 3.2u, cIOS rev 10, with the twilight hack and rev 568 loader.

Thanks

4. phistyle

Newcomer phistyle Member

United States
    same here...all game covers the same and no matter which one i select it plays the same game..

5. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Sounds as though some corrupt disc or cover art is causing the problem. Perhaps removing the sd card and reviewing the relevant cover and disc image files through a card reader on the pc might get to the bottom of the problem?

6. alemerson
    OP

United States
    Does anyone have any ideas about the games not playing? All ive ever gotten is a black screen

please help.. im starting to think its never going to work. or that i set it up incorrectly

7. ocdetective

Malaysia
    It would help if you actually stated what games were problematic and whether they were the same region as your wii. Also in the global settings you should have the 002 fix set to on. (click on cog wheel on bottom left of screen)

8. alemerson
    OP

United States
    I only have 4 games on there right now. Smash bros Brawl, Pro Evolution 2008, Grand Slam Tennis, and Wii Sports Resort. Brawl and grand slam is ntsc-u, pro evo might be pal, and sports resort is ntcs-j

002 is on globally aswell

9. ocdetective

Malaysia
    The issue with sports resort is well documented and requires the alt-dol method. SSBB runs no problem, PES might require the forcing of NTSC and Grand Slam tennis should run OK.
    How did you get the copies in the first place - did you rip from existing disc? I would suggest you perhaps remove 3 of the games (copy back to pc) and try running just one game. If you have the same problem as the other posters and it is only playing one game, despite what was selected - if that game was sports resort you would definitely get a black screen unless you did the alt-dol trick. Also it might be worthwhile clearing the files inside the GX config file of your sd card and perhaps even clearing the images directory files (so there are no cover or disc images). It may help debug the problem.

10. alemerson
    OP

United States
    well so far its never played a game. Ive only been working on this for a couple of days and never got a game to actually load. Ill try all that and get back to you in a couple of minutes

11. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    download revision 568
    delete all your config files, by default you can remove "SD:/config/" and that should get rid of it all.
    re-download your covers from within the loader
    you can redownload and install the titles.txt file as well

It's one of those "start over" kind of things. Like in Windows, if it doesn't work, reboot.

12. alemerson
    OP

United States
    okay so i reinstalled and just put ssbb on and IT WORKSSS... I AM SO HAPPY

ill check out some of the other ones

13. alemerson
    OP

United States
    Okay update: When just ssbb was on the drive it worked perfectly. then i added grand slam tennis and both of the files became grand slam tennis (the original problem), the sizes were way off and and neither would boot a game past a black screen. Then i tried to go back to my wbfs manager and delete ssbb and then i tried, it still gave wacky numbers (70GB filled out of 107GB just for grand slam). it still went to black screen with 002 error (yes, and anti) and i got 002 error with No. is there anything special i have to do with grand slam tennis to make it work?

14. ocdetective

Malaysia
    For what its worth I am on rev566 with no issues. Maybe you should revert to an older rev such as that (you can find the older ones on the link provided within the main gx thread) - change the name to boot.dol and replace your existing GX boot.dol on your SD card (assuming you are using the forwarder method). I would also suggest you remove the config files again. BTW did you remove the cover and disc art? I dont think its a problem with Grand Slam tennis, unless your rip or download is corrupt, rather a problem is occurring when you have more than one game - you can check this by just having Grand Slam tennis and nothing else on your drive again for debug purposes.

15. alemerson
    OP

United States
    well ive gotten grand slam tennis to work, on its own. It seems to like to work immediately after deleting the config files. Ive downgraded to r566, and then added ssbb back to the list. they both came up as grand slam. then after a reboot they came upt differently but didn't didn't play, now i get one or the other playing sporatically. Why is this so finicky. I can't get any repeatable results!!!

16. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think it's time to wipe everything clean. Zero out the entire hard drive, re-partition and format, start with new config files, everything.

Something somewhere is just corrupt, and it's probably in the partition table now, by the sounds of it.

17. alemerson
    OP

United States
    For anyone still having this problem with the same name here is what worked for me.

When i boot up initially i have my hdd off, then i boot into the usb loader gx, select cIOS249, then turn on hdd, and all the names are the same
    then i quit to the wii menu and boot back into the usb loader gx with the hdd on and all the names are correct and games load individually

not sure why it works, but it does

if anyone knows how to get it work off the first time with the hdd on, let me know

18. tomwalsh

Newcomer tomwalsh Member

Ireland
    I had the same issue, twice this has happened since adding wii sports resort and all games listing as wii sports resort!! noticed that this happened when I unplugged my HDD to PC and plugged back into wii, maybe this caused it but just powered off wii and restarted and worked fine, no issues.

wii 3.2pal
    cios rev10

19. Emeraldman94

Member Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I only have that issue when I plug in the usb drive late!!!! I now plug it in at Wii menu, and it works like a charm!!!

20. andrey

Newcomer andrey Newbie

Brazil
    I have the same issue, try rev 464, works for me...