Hacking All Bushing stuff goes here

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what Bushing is doing is stupid.

Hacking the Wii and telling nintendo how to fix them, even if its an iso loader, he should not do that.
If you ask me I say he just wants attention..

Sry just my thoughts

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok since spanish is my first language Id like to clarify some things:

1. Bushing doesnt want to work for nintendo he just doesnt want them to patch homebrew on the next update.

(so that will be the deal)

2.The email is real and the below emails on that page are from sceneners pretending to be nintendo or just flaming him for

not releasing the bug.

3. If they dont get to agree he said he will release the bug

4. If nintendo patches the bug, he says he knows more bugs and obviosly he wont tell Nintendo every bug he found.

Ive read all of this in elotrolado.net

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hecz said:
4. If nintendo patches the bug, he says he knows more bugs and obviosly he wont tell Nintendo every bug he found.

If this is the case, why would he tell them the bug in the first place if he has more to hide?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Sinkhead said:
hecz said:

If this is the case, why would he tell them the bug in the first place if he has more to hide?

second that. Also
2.The email is real
blink.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sinkhead said:
hecz said:

Because he doesn't want homebrew to get fixed. So he's making a deal. Nintendo doesn't fixes homebrew in the next update, and he lets them fix this serious bug.

Still, if Nintendo plays dirty (fixes this bug AND homebrew) he has still got a lot of other bugs.

Or something like that.

skawo96 said:
2.The email is real
blink.gif
He's not talking about Comment #1
tongue.gif
He's just confirming that he has really received a mail from Nintendo (which wasn't published)
tongue.gif

skweezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
truballr said:
I think what Bushing is doing is stupid.

Hacking the Wii and telling nintendo how to fix them, even if its an iso loader, he should not do that.
If you ask me I say he just wants attention..

Sry just my thoughts
i kind of agree with what your saying, but i wouldnt say he wants attention. he just wants no piracy. i personally wanted the hack to be released, but hes the one that found it so its up to him if he releases it.
But telling nintendo to patch it, come on man ! thats going too over the top. why spoil someone elses chance of finding it.
frown.gif

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Other than a Wad Manager, what real discoveries or breakthrus have anyone in the scene made? Ok, let's list them all...

Wad Manager
file extractors (mii/save extractor/installer, and nand dump)
channel banners/sounds (just replacing what was already there, not a big breakthru)
programming (which was done before the TPhack with modchips)

That's about all... oh, and Custom IOS's that haven't done anything but allow unlimited access to reading a disc for dumping...
Without the efforts of Bushing and the rest of the guys in #wiidev you wouldn't even have the above and on that basis it seems unlikely that he'd just make something up to either:

A) Get morons off his back with regards to creating a softmod
B) Gain kudos for finding a softmod... They already have kudos for opening the Wii to homebrew. He already has my respect, and should have the respect of anybody else who's enjoying the fruits of his (and #wiidev's) labour.

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
hecz said:

1. Bushing doesnt want to work for nintendo he just doesnt want them to patch homebrew on the next update.

Bushing making that deal, that is funny, and extortion, and I dont know any country that is even close to legal in.

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
podunk1269 said:
hecz said:

Bushing making that deal, that is funny, and extortion, and I dont know any country that is even close to legal in.

All for the homebrew! hahaha anyways, if nintendo backstabs him ( most likely ) we'll be all too happy! I think.
unsure.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It's obvious,

The very first reason is to keep or show being in the legal side. But it's obscene, you see the PatchMii (_core) article and just two more above this "Dear Nintendo" post. You publish information as to how to circumvent the measures taken by Nintendo, give out sourcecode to patch IOS updates automatically and then... "Dear Nintendo"

If his intention was to play nice then I think he should have kept it secret and inform Nintendo not in public like this.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
podunk1269 said:
no, I hyjacked your software , edited it to allow illegal purposes and if you don't give me what I want, I will release it = Extortion And exactly when is Bushing supposed to have said this? I'm also intrigued as to what's "illegal" about homebrew?

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Jul 21 2008, 07:46 PM) If his intention was to play nice then I think he should have kept it secret and inform Nintendo not in public like this.
THAT much I can agree with... Although I doubt Nintendo would have even noticed his email without all of this publicity.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Neversoft said:
WiiCrazy said:
If his intention was to play nice then I think he should have kept it secret and inform Nintendo not in public like this.
THAT much I can agree with... Although I doubt Nintendo would have even noticed his email without all of this publicity.

He had stated on the blog post that he tried to contact them three times before that, and never received a response from them. I would have hoped that he could have contacted them privately, since it is now known that there probably is a flaw somewhere.

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neversoft said:
WiiCrazy said:

They say Nintendo frequent hackmii and downloaded the zelda tp hack to block it so logically is a better idea cuz anybody

could email nintendo and say they hacked the wii.

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the moderated posts frighten me...

but i think Bushing is trying to make a deal so that homebrew wont be patched (as someone said). its a noble idea but inherently foolish. basically he is giving nintendo information on a security hole in return for their word. he has no guarantee that nintendo isnt going to patch homebrew out again (which they most likely will). he is living an idealistic fantasy. nintendo hates homebrew because it cuts into vc profits and wiiware profits but mostly vc profits because there is literally no overhead. its like free money.

Bushing has this idealistic view of the world, but nintendo is going to shatter that view. they might not do it right away. but i can guarantee they will. no one likes losing free money.

of course he might be doing a publicity stunt. in that case we will know if we dont see an official fix or a custom IOS in the near future. either way people are getting screwed. im just glad i got my drivechip.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will never agree to not patching homebrew.

Why? Because it opens the door to iso loaders. if they don't then there is a possibility that someone else will release an iso loader.

If thats what he asked for and Nintendo agrees, then he will sooner or later be betrayed by Nintendo in future updates...

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neversoft said:
podunk1269 said:
no, I hyjacked your software , edited it to allow illegal purposes and if you don't give me what I want, I will release it = Extortion
And exactly when is Bushing supposed to have said this? I'm also intrigued as to what's "illegal" about homebrew?
Homebrew is illegal - as it is circumventing copy protection and running unauthorised code. Though it is generally not percieved to be as bad as piracy. Plus most hombrew is an emulator of some sort... which runs illegal ROMs.

But Nintendo aren't going to go along with it. They'll contact him to see if he'll tell them how to fix it, but they aren't going to meet his demands. Piracy is so small scale compared to how much money they are making at the moment, they aren't going to be too worried by a random guy on the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun