Ali Express question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tairo, Jul 12, 2014.

1. tairo
    OP

tairo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    My Pal bought 2 gateway for him and me and after getting it we realised one of the blue cards does not work so we raised a dispute and asked them for a partial refund of 10 dollars but the guy kept asking us to close dispute and he will send it etc , we said no either refund 10 dollars or send us a another one , we also said we wanted to buy more anyway and he never replied and today the case closed and got an email saying " since the seller did not respond to your dispute we are refunding you and you can keep the goods".
    My question is it the 10 dollars or the whole amount ? would be nice eh but I aint holding my breath for the whole amount.
    Oh it will take 7-10 days for the payment to go through.

2. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Its a Chinese site like eBay except its not bidding. I've ordered a lot of stuff on this site and never had a problem. To me it sounds like its a full refund but you'll not know until you get the refund. Keep us posted though. I've only seen one seller on there selling gateway

3. tairo
    OP

tairo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    they dont sell them anymore in ali express anymore as they have been banned from there.

flashcarts not the shop.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if this is the case, they should provide full refund as a punishment.
    if you get the 10 dollar refund, send a new complain saying other card just stoped working, and ask for a full refund..

5. tairo
    OP

tairo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    i got a 10 dollar refund which i am happy with since he did say he will ship a new blue card out to me , but i am not holding my breath though.

6. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    No he won't. He's gotten most of your money. If he doesn't ship, nothing further will happen also.

7. tairo
    OP

tairo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    i am happy with 10 dollars tbh as i have an r4 card i could use.

8. jastolze

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I've heard a lot of scammers lurk on Ali Express. Of course, anyone is able to say anything they want in the Cyber World. However, this site has quite a bit of Complaints from sellers:

- http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.aliexpress.com
    - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.aliexpress.com
    - http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/off-topic-messages/34019-alibaba-heaven-scammers-s.html

From what I understand, Money Gram and a Bank Transfer are the only methods of payment.

I personally have bought something ONCE from here and the item arrived as is, just beware of certain users reputation. If it's anywhere under 93-94% that's a big red flag. a 95% rating is like having a 75% rating in actuality. It also means 6-7% of the customers had a Negative experience.