AKAIO WiFi Update on DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JohanX, Sep 16, 2010.

Sep 16, 2010

AKAIO WiFi Update on DS Lite? by JohanX at 12:48 PM (2,385 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    Is it possible to do a WiFi update of AKAIO on a DS Lite?

if so, how do I set up the WiFi connection?

I have an Acekard 2i

Thanks!

2. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    It is possible.
    You can set up the WiFi connection through Mario Kart DS. In the main menu select Nintendo WFC and then Nintendo WFC Settings.

3. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for the info!

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can't update AKAIO itself over WiFi, you can only update it's loaders. To use those loaders, you must already be using the latest version of AKAIO.

5. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States

the egg of easter laughs at your assumption

6. Gariscus

Australia
    I've been trying to work out how to activate this egg of easter.

I found an incomplete game but no wifi easter egg...

Any hints?

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    u dun got troll'd.

8. Smiths

United States
    ESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOF
    SOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFE
    OFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFES
    FESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESO
    ESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOF
    SOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFE
    OFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFES
    FESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESO
    OFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOFESOF

9. Gariscus

Australia
    So the wifi egg doesn't exist?

10. Smiths

United States
    it exists. told you about it at least 250 times above [​IMG]

11. Gariscus

Australia
    Oh, I just worked it out. [​IMG]

I can't believe I didn't try that sooner.

12. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Garg, now I feel stupid for not getting it.

13. Gariscus

Australia
    According to Help I now have AKAIO 1.7.2... I'm guessing that's a joke and I don't really have 1.7.2...

14. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Yes, just a byte changed lol.

15. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I've never been able to do a WIFI update for anything.

Always get "malloc error", no matter when I've tried.
    I asked once and read about it, and the solution seems to always be "make sure you have the latest wifi plugin", and that doesn't help.

Edit: Read something about changing the DNS to something, like Google DNS or OpenDNS, so I double checked my DNS settings and noticed that the First DNS was "incorrect" (it was set to my PC's IP for the SendPKMN thing I tested for a friend), and it didn't fall back to the Secondary DNS (my Router). Nothing else (homebrew or game Wifi) had an issue, except for AKAIO.
    I don't expect it to be fixed, but it would be cool if it was [​IMG]