Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Smiths, Aug 31, 2008.
Thanks Smiths ;-)
Thank you Smiths.
..I am now enjoying the latest savelist.bin via wifi.
Thanks Smiths! I have yet to be able to get the wifi downloads to work with my setup, but I'll install this later and report back if it made any difference.
ETA: It downloaded the whatsnew file without any problems, but I got a "Error Downloading file" during the download of USRCHEAT.DAT. Still, an error message is much better than hanging, so I'm pleased with the error checking. I tried the download again and got much farther (522Kb/973Kb), but still was unable to download USRCHEAT.DAT (same error). Third time, got even farther (815Kb/973Kb). Fourth time, not as far (227Kb/973Kb). Unfortunately, this last time I also didn't get the "Error Downloading file" and the "B to cancel" didn't work. I did not have an empty .zip file on my microSD card like the last time though. So, even though the download still didn't work it behaved much better than the last version.
edit: downloading savelist works, still gets errors when downloading cheat DAT on RPG.
Cheat dat downloaded successfully on my RPG
Do i have to put an empty file zip on card to download cheats? Cause I can't do that normally. savelist.bin download go fine
does this make it so the update feature works?
update will always be dependent on a ton of factors.
works for me. works for many others. may not work for you.
shouldnt the update work if you can connect to wifi using any other game or app?
Not always it depends on your router and connection settings, your DS version or even for some homebrew the wifi lib version used ( there is know bugs...)
The update for the CheatDB on this is dependent on a nice, constant stream of data directly to/from GBATemp's website.
The savelist.bin is a 47KB file from acekard.com's server.
USRCheatup is an outdated .gzip file hosted on googlepages and manually placed there by usrcheatup's author
Nintendo DS WFC is connecting to Nintendo's servers and using all of Nintendo's servers to maintain things
DSOrganize connects to different servers as well.
So if it isn't working for you, I would blame your router and GBATemp's servers for not providing a nice, smooth stream of data to/from eachother.
It works for me roughly 96% of the time, and I'm quite happy with that.
So no more damn posts about "I can play Mario Kart DS just fine, so this should work".
When GBATemp's servers hack the WFC and manually re-route all Mario Kart DS servers to the GBATemp.net server to host the WFC manually and you all have to connect to their server at once to play Mario Kart DS and it works... then you can use that analogy.