OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I use AKAIO ever since I bough my ak2.1 cart, and the reason to do that was solely because of Rune Factory that didn't run and because of the save type selection (to run JUS translated & cia), but now I'm having a BIG doubt:

And now? Has Acekard turned out to become better than AKAIO?

That's because I'm having slowdowns in some games like DB Origins and CoD WW (but in the end I think it's just my class 4 SD).

Long story short:

How is the situation of Ak2? Has solved those problems I quoted that made me choose AKAIO? Is now faster? How is the compatibility list? Does the team keep updating frequently?

Sorry the disturb and the engrish =D

LOL WITCH, HAUhAUhAUHAuAHuhuHUah WHICH SORRY

MUDjoe2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mudjoe2.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO is always the better choice 99.999999999% of the time. ESPECIALLY for a 2.1. I literally have had NO problems with AKAIO. Great compatability, load times, 3in1 support, fantastic firmware.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio is updated daily, public loaders come out all the time. the loaders fix issues as they are found. norm was the first with the gta fix, actually he has been first with a few of the recent fixes. your slow down is due to a lack of using the panasonic formatter and the slower class4 card. once the game is patched and running, its all up to the msd.

for more information please read the akaio wiki.

the official firmware is never updated. sometimes the "loader" found in the akmenu4.nds is updated. they may fix 1 or 2 games every few months but the firmware itself has remained the same. akaio is constantly tweaked, updated, recoded, adjusted, optimized, etc.

-another world

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard for the card to run happy, smoothe and easy for most. AKAIO when you want continual updates and an even smoother edge
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
panasonic formatter

If I may ask?
What's so damn important about using the panasonic formatter anyway? Is the windows formatter not sufficient?
I mean the Panasonic formatter doesn't let you choose the file format or the allocation unit size.

Edit: Read the wiki.
So, it basically adheres to the SD card specification, gotcha.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have just purchased the card and are about to use it, don't worry about formatting it in my opinion. Just do if if your planning to switch from flash carts teams
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if it was formatted at the factory they used a bulk station formatter. its basically a computer interface designed to format multiple cards at one time. those are o/s formatters, usually, and do not format to the specific sd specifications. keep in mind that the windows formatter, for example, was designed many years before sd was even thought of. the panasonic formatter will format to the correct industry standards thus providing the best performance for your card. this is something that is extremely important when we are dealing with roms, due to the exact timing that some roms require. changing the cluster size is a trick for cards 2gb and smaller. it allows some files to execute more quickly as more info is in that cluster. it really only appears to help with large files, like the quake pak files, etc. cluster size adjustments is something that isn't needed on the larger capacity sd cards.

feel free to run bench tests on various cards to see what format style helps the performace the most. if you do please report your findings back to us =).

by choice you can do whatever it is you wish. but when you complain about slow down and you haven't tried the panasonic formatter, you have not truly debugged the issue. at that point you really can't put the blame on anything.

there is more info on the sd specifics here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

-another world

Yusuky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I already formatted with panasonic, another world, and even cleaned, so I guess the problem is just the class, anyway. Thanks for the answers =D

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
by choice you can do whatever it is you wish. but when you complain about slow down and you haven't tried the panasonic formatter, you have not truly debugged the issue. at that point you really can't put the blame on anything.

This is an interesting point, I have used the Panasonic formatter (though my last format was with the Windows formatter), and both times I was having slow down issues with Pokémon Platinum.

BUT, the issues were resolved by changing the AKAIO configuration. I had the cheats disabled and that somehow slowed the game down, so I enabled cheats, and even with no cheat list the game ran a lot smoother.

Point being, speed issues aren't always related to the card, it could be a software issue.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive always used gparted on linux for all my formatting is that any worse than panasonic? or do they make panasonic for linux?

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I love AKAIO - I remember when I ran Pokemon Ranger with the official firmware, it would get stuck on saving, and with AKAIO there was no problem at all. Such a simple fix, wow.

And the best thing was that I, myself haven't noticed any interface changes. I might be wrong, there might be a small few things, but it's so easy to use that a monkey could do it. I was actually looking for a topic on the differences between the two, and I found my answer here =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1