Hacking AK2i not recognized by my dsi

Bluemoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a AK2i from 4coolday.com it was one the AK4i that came in a cardboard box with the orange sticker. I popped it in and it does not even see that there is a cart placed in the dsi. I am using a Micro SD 4 gig HC. I tried using official firmware and AKAOI the dsi will not show anything. I am using the latest loaders,the ones after April 19 2009. I tried making the cart thicker to see if it was a contact issue, but still nothing. My question with or without an SD card in the cart it should be able to recognize that something is in the dsi. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears, thanks
smile.gif

Bluemoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to grab my roommates SD card tonight out of his phone and see if that works. I also used the panasonic reformat.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't insert a micro sd into the Acekard it should still show up on your DS menubar with the AK2 icon. Using different firmware isn't going to help you since the card itself isn't recognized to begin with. My guess is that the gold contacts isn't making a good connection. Try wigging the card while it's inside the DSi or wedge something between the label side of the card and the DS to "push" it closer. If that doesn't work ask for a refund.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
why wouldnt ace kard 2i recognize a 4 gig

of course it does
download akaio on the micro sd and then put a game on it aand then plug it in the dsi and play

make sure u format
if that doesnt work then try another sd card
if that doesntwork then ur ace kard is broken

Bluemoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4coolday sent me an email tonight saying they'll swap it out. I think I may just get an r4i sent out and sell whichever one I'm not using at work lol.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The Acekard does support SDHC. Hop2089 is obviously a bit of a noob, since I'm using an 8GB card, and many others are using even higher than that - 16GB cards.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Bluemoo said:
4coolday sent me an email tonight saying they'll swap it out. I think I may just get an r4i sent out and sell whichever one I'm not using at work lol.
r4i cards are ak2i clones so if you don't like the ak2i, you'll hate the r4i

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bluemoo said:

You do realize that R4i are fakes right? The original R4 team went out of business a long time ago and their cards weren't that great in terms of features.

Bluemoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do but the team doing it now seems to be keeping up with new firmware. Worth a shot while im waiting on my AK2i.

darktron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
I don't think it's compatible with a 4 gig Micro SD card, try using a 2 gig or less Micro SD and see what happens.

lol it has a maximum capacity of 32gb the AK2i... and im using an 8GB and my brother is using a 4GB he just has a busted ak2i needs to return!

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bluemoo said:
Yes I do but the team doing it now seems to be keeping up with new firmware. Worth a shot while im waiting on my AK2i.

Well, you're entitled to buy whatever card you want but keep in mind that you won't get any support if you run into problems. Nobody here at gbatemp will be willing provide help for a counterfeit/clone like the R4i.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
The Acekard does support SDHC. Hop2089 is obviously a bit of a noob, since I'm using an 8GB card, and many others are using even higher than that - 16GB cards.

ROFL Agree, SDHC complaint as like most new cards, 8GB FTW!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I ordered a 16GB now. I went from 2GB to 8GB, thinking that'd be plenty... But now that I can fit some music and several movies on, I really could do with a 16GB, since I've not got much space left.

Oh well.
frown.gif

Oh, and don't get any sort of R4. You may think it's updated quite a lot, but really AKAIO is one of the most updated firmwares, and it's Acekard only. Yeah, okay, you can run AKAIO on some R4s (the Acekard clones) after a long process, but AKAIO 1.5, which is being released soon, will totally block R4s from running it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.