ak2i layout

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nogggin1, Apr 18, 2010.

1. nogggin1
    OP

nogggin1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2010
    I dont like the layout of the ak2i official and AKIO firmware the way it runs down the page.
    What i am wondering is, is it possible to patch the firmware (AKIO preferably) so that it runs more like the DSi's home screen on a horizontal line accross the page?
    If it is please tell me if not is it possible to make and if not thanks anyway.

2. Agent007

Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2008
    Canada
    Ontario
    You're talking like a MANIAC!

Of course they could do that ... but would you really want to go through 50 games like that ?
    Anyways ... I remember there was a build like that called DSision if I am correct ... it doesn't play games but it's what you're looking for right ?

3. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Actually 'DSision' been upgraded and now call 'DSCovered' and it DOES run games

Find details @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=177&t=193529 and get latest version from http://spinalcode.co.uk/
    [​IMG]
    OK it doesn't look the same as 'DSi side scrolling' but it still does the side-to-side bit and you'll still need AK/AKAIO installed but it's better than nothing ... isn't it ??

4. nogggin1
    OP

nogggin1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2010
    DSision is what made me ask this. but can dscovered boot automatically or does it need to be launched first?

5. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    You can set it to autoboot using the Autoboot feature in AKAIO.

6. penthaler

penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    mystique
    It launches automatically, but... you have to set up there too many things to run it properly... (mean put each game boxart to games... you cant have too many games on your card, because of many DScovered has some bugs (dissappearing game art + name and it is too slow)))

I dont know, tested this before an hour and I think that it is not as good as it looks like... It is too simply [​IMG]

7. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    [​IMG] What's with the ARDSi skin?

8. nogggin1
    OP

nogggin1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2010
    how do i use autoboot on AKAIO sorry if its a stupid question but ive only just switched from the official firmware

9. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Well i think you should either get a new flashcart or stick with the layout you got, just change it to a skin you enjoy.

10. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    I'm not sure if it works with homebrew but you can give it a shot. Run DSCovered. Soft reset out or hard reset the DS (turn it off and back on). Go to Start --> System Options --> Tap L once and set Autorun to Enabled. It will now autoboot the last file ran. To disabled auboot, hold B during AKAIO startup then go back into the System Options and set autorun to disabled.

11. nogggin1
    OP

nogggin1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2010
    It works with homebrew and im going to get DSCoverflow now

12. penthaler

penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    mystique