Air Zonk never works

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Cyborg Ninja, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Cyborg Ninja
    OP

Cyborg Ninja Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    United States
    I have tried at least four different versions of Air Zonk, including Japanese versions (PC Denjin), on multiple emulators for the PSP. I mainly use HuE, but have tried a few other emulators as well. Usually the game will freeze within a few seconds of the first stage. I haven't found any verified working copy while searching the internet, but you'd think at least one copy would work. Is this a known issue for the game?

BTW, I haven't found a manual for HuE online. All I've been able to find so far is that I can save and load states by hitting L+Select. Is there any way for me to alter the configuration, like screen size?

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    well, first things first, dont worry, you're not missing much with Air Zonk.

It could be a game specific problem, have you ever tried out a different version of your emulator? sometimes an update changes compability.

cant answer your other questions

3. Cyborg Ninja
    OP

Cyborg Ninja Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    United States
    I have tried multiple emulators, like I mentioned in the first post. Since I've tried different emulators, I don't plan on downloading and installing different versions of each emulator. And Air Zonk is a fantastic game, sorry you don't enjoy it.

4. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    Use the 'PCE for PSP' emulator with an h1 version of the rom. Before starting the game set the emulation core to XPCE.

Have fun.

5. Cyborg Ninja
    OP

Cyborg Ninja Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    United States
    Thanks LumInvader, that works for me. I already had all the tools thankfully. I had to switch PCE for PSP's CPU clock to 333MHz, and find out how to get to the config screen - didn't realize you had to keep taking L to get to other pages. Thankfully I know some Japanese. The only problem I'm having is the backgrounds are disappearing as Zonk passes by them. Do you have this problem too? Any idea how to fix it?