Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
If your sysnand is clean just use nintendo server.
what you mean clean? when i completely shut switch down, it will boot into OFW on next time i'm power it up without RCMloader,
before that i can still playing normal fortnite game and download game already bought in account and playing, included nintendo online subscription

now i just need my OFW update to lastest firmware for my fortnite, so i need to switch to OFW first, update firmware and play ? thank

i updated ofw/cfw once but forgot write all knowledge into txt :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you mean clean? when i completely shut switch down, it will boot into OFW on next time i'm power it up without RCMloader,
before that i can still playing normal fortnite game and download game already bought in account and playing, included nintendo online subscription

now i just need my OFW update to lastest firmware for my fortnite, so i need to switch to OFW first, update firmware and play ? thank

i updated ofw/cfw once but forgot write all knowledge into txt :)

Sysnand and OFW are the same NAND, so if you ran homebrew/pirated games you would eventually get banned.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i'm pretty sure there's two nand, one with clean nand aka OFW (auto boot without use RCMloader) and another one is atmotsphere aka CFW-emunand(required RCMLoader)

Maro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, after AIO finishes downloading and installing using Daybreak do I need to delete the downloaded firmware after installation?
if so where is it located?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you want to, once you installed the firmware with daybreak. Then you can delete them, but it's your call if you want to keep the files in your sd.
The path should be SD/firmware

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I automate updating the Switch OC Suite from this repo by using the aio switch updater? https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite

The tool has to
1) download https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/download/1.5.2-v1.2/1.5.2_loader.kip (URL changes with each release, of course)
2) copy this file to sd:/atmosphere/kips/
3) download https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/download/1.5.2-v1.2/SdOut.zip
4) Unzip this file and copy content to sd:/

Is there any way to automate this process with aioupdater?

Last edited by MSco,

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I automate updating the Switch OC Suite from this repo by using the aio switch updater? https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite

The tool has to
1) download https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/download/1.5.2-v1.2/1.5.2_loader.kip (URL changes with each release, of course)
2) rename and copy this file to sd:/atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
3) download https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/download/1.5.2-v1.2/SdOut.zip
4) Unzip this file and copy content to sd:/
@Homlet Is there a way to automate this procedure using aio updater ?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Homlet Is there a way to automate this procedure using aio updater ?

Only problem is with 1), this the filename changes thus you can't get a link that always fetches the last version. If the filename stayed the same (ask the dev maybe?) then you could automate all this
Post automatically merged:

Ah, the loader has to match the specific AMS version hence the different filenames, I see. Still, the only elegant solution would be to have the loader named loader.kip. Either that or packaging (either the dev or a third-party) an AMS distribution with the right loader.kip (and might as well add SdOut too)
Post automatically merged:

Oh wait loader.kip isn't in a zip, my app only works with zip release anyways. So yeah, an atmopshere distribution would make the most sense imo. Anything short of that would prolly be easier to do by using AMS's new MTP feature

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: MSco

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your reply. I will give it a try. Is there a documentation how to use that feature? I never heard of that before.
It's a homebrew app called "haze" that ships with the latest versions of atmosphere. Or just use a FTP client

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@meha added io support in Switch-OC, so now it can be updated with AIO updater. That's great! :)

@Homlet
However, there is another issue: I tried updating the aio updater with the in-app update feature from v2.21.3 to v2.21.4. During the update process the app always crashed. I had to update it manually on my notebook by downloading the new revision from github. Now the app is on the latest release. But maybe, there is an issue with the in-app updater?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@meha added io support in Switch-OC, so now it can be updated with AIO updater. That's great! :)

@Homlet
However, there is another issue: I tried updating the aio updater with the in-app update feature from v2.21.3 to v2.21.4. During the update process the app always crashed. I had to update it manually on my notebook by downloading the new revision from github. Now the app is on the latest release. But maybe, there is an issue with the in-app updater?
I just updated from 2.21.3 to 2.21.4 without any issue. If you want you can send me your crash report and I'll take a look at it but it might be something on your end

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Homlet I tried again to update from v2.21.3 to v2.21.4 and had the same crash. I sent the crash report as private pm (I dont know, if there is any console specific information, that should not be shared. If this is not the case, just tell me and I can send the report in this thread).

Last edited by MSco,

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just had the app crash when updating. It hung up on EXTRACTING... 0% for several minutes. Couldn't back out, couldn't go home. had to reboot the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over